5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
When I first read I Dared To Call Him Father it blew my mind so much so that I have re-read it at least 3 times, which is unusual for me.
The story is basically about a Pakistani woman whose life is transformed when she meets God.
Published on 14 April 2003 by salemabeamer

2.0 out of 5 stars Felt like I was reading a fictional book
Wasn't spiritually enlightening and felt like I was reading a fictional book. Unfortunately I wasn't too impressed and the lady was not inspiring.
Published 14 months ago by Monica704

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 April 2003
Instead of being a one-off lofty kind of meeting, where God may or may not exist, her meetings with God are both powerful and personal. So much so that she risks losing her family, who don't accept what she has experienced.
I recommend this book to anyone who would like a touch of God themselves. It really is an inspiring and deeply interesting read. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 24 July 2009
Dawn (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dared to Call Him Father (Paperback)
I happened upon this book in a bookshop by chance. It is fabulously inspiring and uplifting. I have bought many copies since for family and friends. It affirms and strengthens my belief that we can find God anywhere - He seeks for us and when we're willing to pay attention we find He is willing to share in every part of our lives

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brave and determined lady!, 20 Aug 2010
This review is from: I Dared to Call Him Father (Paperback)
I bought this book at a Worship Conference with the idea that I could recommend it to a friend of mine. Bilquis Sheikh speaks honestly and openly about her life, the political unrest, the way in which both women and Muslim converts to Christainity were treated. Bilquis speaks about how she found references to Jesus in the Qur'an and so felt she wanted to find out more. She managed to get hold of a Bible and searched for answers to her questions and found them. I could not put this book down once I had started reading it and even though I wanted to finish it, getting to the end was disappointing as I had no more to read.

Bilquis writes in a way that draws the reader into her life and one can't help but side with her through the trials and persecution she found herself in. It certainly gave me a lot to think about as I realised her bravery and the close relationship she had with Jesus. I have recommended this book to many people especially those who are searching for the answers to the 'meaning of life.'

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST-READ, 15 Jun 2006
N. Gardner "Zing" (London & Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is easy to read and captivating in the truths it reveals. This book is receommended to Muslims, Christians and those interested in either religion. Given it is a true story, the facts are laid bare and plain, at times even difficult to digest. How can a human being endure such experiences?

You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gripping page turner, 13 Jun 2009
I. Gallagher "Emeraldlight" (Stevenage, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dared to Call Him Father (Paperback)
I loved this book and I couldn't put it down. I admired this woman and her stand for Jesus against her family, religion and background. Reading her witness to God's love has helped to strenghten my faith and walk with Jesus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing and Inspiring, 16 Feb 2010
Ms. K. MARGETSON (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dared to Call Him Father (Paperback)
The book really made clear the scripture matthew 6:33 seek ye first the kingdom of God... It was a inspiring read full of anxious anticipation of what possibly could happen next... An inspiring read for those who's faith is challenged by family, friends or circumstance!

5.0 out of 5 stars I DARED TO CALL HIM FARHER, 21 Dec 2007
Charles Ngandwe (Manchester. U.K) - See all my reviews
This is a fascinating book to read. As I read on I just cant help but feel as though the writer is telling my life story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but inspiring, 3 Feb 2010
Rachel (Edinburgh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Dared to Call Him Father (Paperback)
This was a short book - it only took me an evening to read - but it was very inspiring. I already knew that Muslims who converted to Christianity were persecuted but I wasn't aware that it was actually stated in the Quaran that honour killings should be made on family members who left Islam for another religion. Bilquis was an extremely strong and faithful woman to continue living in Pakistan despite the threats that were made in her life. It made me really grateful that I live in Britain where, although the government still tries to restrict the behaviour of Christians, it is nowhere near as dangerous to be a Christian as it is in the middle east. It was also interesting to read about the contrast between Bilquis, who told everyone in her family that she had changed her religion, and her servant who was a "secret Christian." It made me wonder how many other "secret Christians" there are in Pakistan.
It did take me a while to get into this book because of the simplistic style in which it was written, but once I'd read a few chapters I was hooked. I'm glad that I read it as it has enlightened me to the risks that Christians in the middle east have to take. The only parts I didn't like about the book were the extra chapters added to the book in the new edition, which were written by one of Bilquis's Christian friends. They really didn't seem to add anything to her story, especially not the one about the differences between Eastern and Western cultures. However, this is just a minor annoyance.
Overall, this is a short and simple book about a Musim woman who takes the risk of converting to Christianity and how it changed her life.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent gift to anyone that is not afraid of the truth., 14 Nov 2000
By A Customer
I read this book a while back and I'm purchasing another copy for a friend.
"I dared to call Him Father" tells the story of an influential Muslim lady that found Christ and as a result dared to accept God as her Father.
Bilquis tells the story of the trials and tribulations that she went through as a result of her new found faith and of how she eventually had to flee her native land when her very life was in danger.
Through all of this, she shows us very succintly how Christ can change the life of anyone and how recognizing and accepting God as our Father is a vastly more rewarding spiritual experience than any other concept or belief about God. Indeed she makes it clear that you do not know God if you do not know Him as Father (the source and sustainer of all of creation).
"I dared to call Him Father" will make an excellent gift to a Muslim who is not afraid of the truth. It makes excellent reading for anyone that is seeking for God and has hitherto been unable to find Him. Even Christians that think that they know God should read it as well because it is an eye opener to the true nature of our Father, God.

5.0 out of 5 stars I dared to call Him Father, 3 April 2010
This review is from: I Dared to Call Him Father (Paperback)
just like the Gulshan Esther book this book too is one of courage and determination.
despite threats of death she persevered. A great true life story because she dared to call Him Father.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I Dared to Call Him Father
I Dared to Call Him Father by Bilquis Sheikh (Paperback - 1 Jan 2001)
Used & New from: 0.01