5.0 out of 5 stars Careful with this one!!!
Published on 28 Jan 2004 by Heather Bailey

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it and it arrived on time
a bit tatty, but as expected. I like it and it arrived on time.
Published 13 days ago by Dawn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Careful with this one!!!, 28 Jan 2004
I have trouble reading books all the way through. This one was difficult to put down. True story of normal everyday men and woman placing their bets on an extroardinary God. Pete Greig's recount of the journey of a post modern prayer movement from pre-pre-conception, to preconception, to conception, to birth and infancy is well documented if a bit confusing. I am reading it a second time to get the facts straight. Careful!! This book could give you the incentive you need to risk spending an hour with the Creator of the Universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 15 April 2004
This review is from: Red Moon Rising (Paperback)
Red Moon Rising is a fantastic book, I was drawn into the adventure from page one and could not put the book down. I am left excited by God and hungry to catch up with what the spirit is doing in this generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars An invitation..., 27 Jan 2004
This review is from: Red Moon Rising (Paperback)
'Red Moon Rising' is the story of how God is mobilising a global community of people hungry for his presence and hungry to take it to out onto the streets of a hurting world. I managed to get an imported US edition of this book a couple of weeks ago and I've been ploughing through it ever since - not because its slow going but that it is worth taking time over, as the events it recalls are both challenging and inspiring. I've found myself crying at night reading this - longing to see the same sort of movement in my life and shocked by the obedience and faith of those in 24-7 who have stood firm in the face of hardship. The book has a remarkable way of wowing you with stories of God's power and instilling into you the faith to see that this is not about big name heroes living on 'another level' but the story of real people on an adventure that we are all invited to join. 'Red Moon Rising' is not just a report of what has occurred in the lives of those involved in 24-7 prayer but a challenge to dare to get close to a God who wants to use us to bring his life into our dying world, to turn us into people who 'pray as if it all depends on God and live as if it all depends on them...'

5.0 out of 5 stars Catch the vision, 29 Jan 2004
Ash Proud (Farnborough, HANTS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Moon Rising (Paperback)
Red Moon Rising documents one of the most exciting adventures we've seen in our times. It features kind of people I never knew existed until a few months ago - people who love God, know God and are committed to living out His visions, no matter what it takes. This book is for anyone who thinks Christians are conventional, boring and behind the times - or anyone who wants to get real with what they believe and allow God to work through them. It blew my mind to get just a taste of the 24/7 prayer movement...suddenly we've got a focus to allow God to really change our hearts, and maybe even change the world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and inspirational, 9 Aug 2009
J. Storset "reformed packrat" (Scandinavia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Red Moon Rising (Paperback)
If you have felt that your prayerlife is lacking in something, if you want to see how God uses improbable people and situations, if you'd like to be part of a world-wide guerilla movement of prayer, this is the book for you. The author tells it like it is, openly and honestly, and the story of the 24-7 prayer movement is a motivating and inspiring read. Sometimes I felt God was speaking to me directly through this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Careful with this one!!!, 26 Jan 2004
This review is from: Red Moon Rising (Paperback)
I have trouble reading books all the way through. This one was difficult to put down. True story of normal everyday men and woman placing their bets on an extroardinary God. Pete Greig's recount of the journey of a post modern prayer movement from pre-pre-conception, to preconception, to conception, to birth and infancy is well documented if a bit confusing. I am reading it a second time to get the facts straight. Careful!! this book could give you the incentive you need to risk spending an hour with the Creator of the Universe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good - but UK version has more, 27 Jan 2004
David Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
Check out the UK version - it has 12,000 more words on the foundations of 24-7 prayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful, 9 Jun 2009
Amazon Customer (Kingston upon Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
The power of God powerfully impacted me as I read this and brought me to new levels of prayer and a desparate hunger for more of God. It is the call to a Kingdom generation that no longer denies the power of Godliness. Read it and read it again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, challenging, inspiring & a jolly good read!, 31 Jan 2004
This review is from: Red Moon Rising (Paperback)
What a good book! More than just the fascinating narrative of 24-7prayer's journey from one small prayer room in Chichester to a global network crossing denominations, unifying young and old with creativity in intercession. This is a challenging, inspiring account with personal stories interspersed with opportunities to "go deeper". Red Moon Rising is a refreshing opportunity to be able to read a Christian book that not only informs and inspires but challenges and motivates. So readable I chose to soak in a bath soaking up the stories. So inspiring I actually wanted to go deeper. Pete Greig's self-effacing style and undoubted talent as a wordsmith is worthy of praise for what I am sure will become a classic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging, 1 Jan 2010
Mrs. Angela A. Ford (Torquay, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This book really blessed me as I have been trusting God and praying for an awakening in Great Britain and worldwide for many years. It is greatly encouraging to see how God is moving all over the world and calling people to pray and intercede for the nations and to spend time with our Glorious Lord and Saviour. This book was another peek into God's prayer army that He is raising up all over the earth for such a time as this. It is really special to see how He is moving amongst the youth in this time and putting passion in their hearts, and using them in such a special way. We serve a Wonderful, Creative God. I enjoyed Pete Greig's style of writing and his heart. Beautifully written.

Recommended

Angela Anna Ford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Red Moon Rising
Red Moon Rising by Dave Roberts (Paperback - 23 Jan 2004)