Published on 12 May 2008 by ELH Browning

3.0 out of 5 stars Granny loved it!
Very colourful pictures and charming story.Granny loved it!,My 3 year old grandson wasn't as keen on it as I was,which surprised me.But it is a lovely gentle book,and as a retired reception teacher in primary schools for 40 years,I would highly recommend it.Carolyn Killingley
Published 3 months ago by CarolynKillingley

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely Elmer story about differences and being unique even when you aren't obviously different., 12 May 2008
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Elmer and Rose (Paperback)
Elmer lives with the herd of grey elephants and one day his Grandpa Eldo asks him to help a little lost pink elephant to her herd. On the way, they pass a grey elephant which, oddly, seems to intrigue Rose. Surprisingly, given the very-pink nature of Elmer's new friend, my boys, aged 3 and 5, both love this book. They think it is very funny that Rose should find a grey elephant unusual and they love the turning of the page when all Rose's herd are.... Pink!! This is a strong addition to the Elmer series and has, as many of them do, a good subliminal message. Whereas the very first Elmer book tells the reader that it's great to be different, in "Elmer and Rose", we learn that Everyone is unique, even if they aren't as different as Elmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 23 Feb 2011
This review is from: Elmer and Rose (Paperback)
This is my 3yr daughter`s favourite book. We took a copy out of our local library and she could recite chunks of it within a week. Had to buy our own copy, of course!

The book is charming with wonderful, colourful illustrations and a lovely storyline. It fits in well with other Elmer stories, but if you have not read an Elmer book before this doesn't matter. The story stands well on its own.

Would highly recommend, as would my daughter!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 3 Nov 2013
This review is from: Elmer and Rose (Paperback)
Great book must have! All elmers books are a great read. My daughter loves elmer. Buy it now you wont be sorry

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as all the other Elmer books, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Elmer and Rose (Paperback)
David McKee's simplicity and glorious illustrations make this another joy to read! And my granddaughter loves them so I will keep buying them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elmer & Rose, 9 Dec 2012
This review is from: Elmer and Rose (Paperback)
Bought for my granddaughter who loves everything Elmer. It lived up to its expectations and is her favourite bedtime read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Granny loved it!, 30 Aug 2014

Elmer and Rose
Elmer and Rose by David McKee (Paperback - 10 Jan 2008)