5.0 out of 5 stars Good (and really very) clean fun!
Published on 30 April 2007 by ELH Browning

2.0 out of 5 stars Abridged version!
Although not stated, this is actually a shortened version of this story. (Which I had borrowed from a library.) Something that was very disappointing to discover and is the reason for the two star review.

It's not mentioned on the book or in the sales description that this is the case. I feel the publisher, Andersen Press, should be more transparent. It's not...
Published 4 months ago by RICHARD HAWES

5.0 out of 5 stars Good (and really very) clean fun!, 30 April 2007
ELH Browning "Esther-Lou" (Kingston Bagpuize, Oxon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Hardcover)
This is a cracking book which starts with a picture of a long queue outside the loo block at a zoo. Two children waiting outside spend their time speculating what animal might be inside and what might be causing the delay. The story flows well with good rhythm and rhyme "Is it a tiger who needed a tiddle, a wandering wombat who wanted a widdle, a waddling penguin too frozen to piddle?"
"Is it a crocodile clipping his nails? Or is it a coachload of elderly snails?"
Admittedly the subject matter is a tiny bit risky for an elderly relative with a strong sense of decency and a sensitive constitution from an era gone by. Your children however will love that. And the whole book's really rather tastefully done and very definitely fun. The illustrations are absolutely smashing as you'd expect from Adrian Reynolds, a master of bright and appealing picture books. My three roar with laughter at pictures of a hippo's fat bottom with a toilet seat stuck on his bottom, and poor little velvety mole who reached for the paper and fell down the hole (so perhaps one to avoid when toilet training).
A firm favourite in our house.
And if you like this, try also Someone Bigger by Emmett and Reynolds which has a similar feel and pace and is another cracking title.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 April 2008
Nicola Sercombe (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Paperback)
I bought this book by mistake for my 10 month old but i'm glad i did. It is very well written and the illustration is great. I always read to my baby before i put him to bed and although he is too young to understand, he really loves this book. It seems to grab his attention much more than any other book i read to him.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun to read and great rhythm too, 10 July 2008
Mama Twins (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Hardcover)
I can thoroughly recommend this book. It reads really well and my three year old twins love reading it to us as well as having it read to them frequently.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love it!!, 8 Nov 2010
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Paperback)
This book is a must for anybody with a sense of humour. My 3 year old son absolutely loves it and I have to admit it makes me chuckle everytime I read it, which is quite alot. We borrowed it from our local library initially but after just a couple of days I bought it, knowing it would be a firm family favourite. I did make the mistake though of buying the hardback book thinking it would be more durable for a 3 year old, but when it came I realised it is a shortened version of the original and not quite as good.
I have since gone on to buy several copies for birthday presents and replaced the hardback copy with the paperback version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book Ever, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Board book)
We bought the board book version of this as our little one (7months) loves to grab at pages, we're so glad we did as we never tire of reading this to him.
It's funny, the pictures are excellent and the rhymes easy to remember.
We enjoy reading it to him and I'm sure that's passed on to his enjoyment.
If we could give it 6 stars we would.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT Book for all kids..., 24 Aug 2009
N. Blackie (Washington, Tyne & Wear. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Paperback)
My 3yr old daughter loved this book so much when she got it out of our local library we just had to buy it.

It is very bright & colourful & has some very funny pictures that had her laughing. The story itself is more like a ryhming book which has 2 children trying to think who might be in the loo while they are waiting desperatly to get in. They have a long list of different animals which they go through all doing something different, including 'a pig who is washing his pants' and a 'rhino would had a hot curry'.

It's a must read for any little one as it keeps them amused all the way through (though it's not a long book) so be prepared to have to read it more than once!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rude and very funny, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Paperback)
How many possible words are there to explain going to the toilet? Loads more than I could have thought of it seems. The first time I read this I did actually have to hold my ribs for laughing. It's very silly and very rude. It has huge comedy value, but perhaps is best avoided if your little one is already the kind to embarrass you in the supermarket! (Let's not even start that tale!)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best childrens book in the world!, 27 Feb 2009
Jay Rainbow (bolton england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
my son loves this book!
is it an elephant having a poo?
is it a rhino after a hot curry?
this simple story about queeing for the loo at the zoo has become a family favorite and will never be forgotten. It is a light, funny book that kids think is excellent as its vaugly rude taking about poo and falling down the loo.....
well worth a try especialy for 6yr old boys!

5.0 out of 5 stars brill, 6 Aug 2009
Lizzie Featherstone (South Of England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Hardcover)
we have this book in the pre-school i work in and the kids love it. it's a fun story but at the same time you can tell the children what not to do in the loo, such as sucking sweets and playing in the bowl but that you should wash your hands. it also helps them to not be shy about going to the loo. brill book, would recomend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, funny little boys book, 30 Jun 2014
Mrs. P. H (Cumbria, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Who's in the Loo? (Hardcover)
Brilliant, funny little boys book. 4 year old grandson loves it and wants it read over and over again.

Who's in the Loo?
Who's in the Loo? by Jeanne Willis (Paperback - 15 Aug 2007)