Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 February 2009
First in the series, we - the kids and me - read it second. So we learned how boy Topher got the cat statue which becomes Ka, the time travelling cat. Then we zoomed into the past and learned how the Egyptians worshipped cats, well the goddess Bastet, and exactly what that entailed. Sacrifice! So Ka's in serious danger. Hero Topher does manage to rescue her and return to the present with her. Phew! And he's learned lots about everyday life in Ancient Egypt - and so did the kids. Great stuff!
on 17 March 2004
The time travelling cat is brilliant. One day a boy called Topher finds a cat and he decides to keep it but 'Ka' but she can do more than Topher thought, then one day, he follows Ka to ancient Egypt. I have only got the first book but I think it is great! It has frightening parts in it and sad bits, as well as a very secretive cat!
on 30 April 2005
I first read this book when I was in Year 4 and was absolutely captivated, but I forgot what it was called and have only managed to track it down all of seven years later! I adore this book because it was my first favourite and yes, this is completely biased! The story is a short, but simple and entertaining one. Lots of interesting information about life in Ancient Egypt, not just who fought who and who was Pharoah at what time. Definitely worth a read if you can find it in your local library and are probably under about 11!
on 13 September 2010
A great read - believable characters - gripping story. The book deals with contemporary issues - the problems of disability and being a single parent - as well as historical detail. If studying the Egyptians at school, what better way to learn!
on 28 April 2013
My class are going to love this book! After seeing Julian at Keele university, and being exposed to her writing skill! I just had to have to complete set! I highly recommend them if you are like me going in to teaching or are a teacher as they a line themselves with each topic of the curriculum and they make a great class read!!!
If anyone wants any info on them email me: adampenney4@gmail.com.
on 16 June 2011
This book is realy interesting. Its about a boy called topher that finds a cat called Ca. And later on in the story topher realises that Ca is a time traveling cat. Near the end topher ends up at ANCIENT Egypt and he has to decide if he wants to go to the past, stay were he is now or go back to the futer. And he didides to go to... il leave you to find out.
on 27 November 2012
I needed to review a children's book for a PGCE interview. This book was perfect. The story is interesting and would keep children's attention, as well as containing lots of areas suitable for lessons or classroom discussions.
on 1 December 2011
Excellent story line in a whole series of good children's books. Met the author through school a few weeks ago and she is as exciting as her books. Happy reading.
on 10 September 2013
Reading with the class and haven't finished it yet but we are enjoying it. I would recommend as a class read when doing The Ancient Egptians.
on 23 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is very well set out. Ka and Topher are by far the best characters. This definitely deserves five stars.