5.0 out of 5 stars Good Childrens Book, 30 Jan 2003
Amanda Fairbrother (Woking, Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Paperback)
I bought this for a friend because she loves childrens horse storys. I did'nt realise that it was actually illustrated and quite a short story. Its a lovely read about a man who builds sandcastles and other stuff. One day he builds a sand horse. The sand horse then comes to life but cannot move and is unhappy that he cannot join his sea horse friends (waves) who are calling him. The story has a happy ending and the illustrations are very good which help the story come to life. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed it and then gave it to my son to read! He thought it was ok, which (my son being 9 years old) and very hard to please is not a bad rating!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Magical Book, 8 Nov 2010
kathy 23 (Herefordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book. I first heard the story on Jackanory and it stayed with me for years. I finally found it in a bookshop and have read it to hundreds of children ( I am an infant teacher). My daughter loves it too.It never fails to bring a tear to my eye and a hush to the classroom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
sweet

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful story., 31 May 2014
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Paperback)
Beautiful book which I have planned a whole block of work for my years ones. Illustrations are magical and I would highly recommend. Only slight negative was that delivery was quite slow.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Paperback)
I just love this book, a great price with the most beautifully illustrated pages. Great for children. I actually bought it for me so that I could copy the artwork inside! Lovely simple story

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Paperback)
This is a beautiful story written about a beautiful place. It really captures the mind. It helps to know the area so well as you can really relate to it. It's a lovely story though regardless. I bought two !!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Sand Horse, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Paperback)
The story/illustrations are set in St. Ives, which was great for my children, as we go on holiday there every year. They loved recognising the beach, buildings and Smeaton's Pier, (as did I!). In addition to this, the story is magical, and the illustrations beautiful. I love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Hardcover)
I really liked this book, it was great for the topic I was teaching my Literacy class, the children enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A story to be treasured, 26 Dec 2008
Jenna Lane "Jenna" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Hardcover)
I happened to find this story in a library in Atlanta when I was looking after my friend's little boy. I really enjoyed it but knew my mum would like it even more because she loves St Ives, the sea and horses. 2 weeks ago I found the reference I took down at Dunwoody library, 1 week ago I was at the beach with my mum and she happened to make a sand horse. Today I sent the book for her via Amazon. It's only taken me 5 years...! Enjoy the magic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Tale, 3 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Sand Horse (Paperback)
My grand-daughter Phoebe loved the story. Her Daddy makes wonderful sculptures on the beach, but they are not on a beach very often, so this bedtime story gave her happy memories before sleep

The Sand Horse
The Sand Horse by Ann Turnbull (Paperback - 28 Mar 2002)
5.99