5.0 out of 5 stars An amusing look at earth babies

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not as good as expected
Published 3 months ago by Michelle S

5.0 out of 5 stars An amusing look at earth babies, 2 Sep 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: Dr Xargle's Book of Earthlets (Andersen Press Picture Books) (Paperback)
This witty and hilarious alien interpretation of human babies and baby/parent relationships will have both parents and youngsters giggling. From describing common house cats as ferocious beasts,to portraying weaning as having 'the egg of a hen mangled with a prong tipped into the babies mouth nose and ears' this book is both amusing and easy to identify with for adults. Young children laugh at and enjoy the large and lively pictures of the adventurous baby. My daughter and I read it at bed time at least once a week and after three months we still giggle, if for different reasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars We bought a copy for each set of Grandparents - great fun., 16 July 2000
By A Customer
A great book for adults as well as older children. Makes you laugh out loud. The illustrations are what made us interested in this book in the first place as one had been used on a card we bought. They are what make the book so funny. We bought a copy for each set of grandparents. A true insight into the messiness that is kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Xargle's Book of Earthlets, 7 Aug 2013
I bought this as a gift for a friend who'd just had a baby girl (thought it would be an amusing first book). Well the happy parents thought it was a hoot and laughed and laughed so I was well pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, 16 Mar 2012
This is a fantastic book. I had it given to me when i had my son and have found myself buying it as a gift for other friends/relatives that are due to become parents!

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but not as good as expected, 15 May 2014
I think I was hoping for more with this book about an alien teaching about humans. I'm guessing it's meant to be funny, but falls flat with my kids and I. Jokes about baby powder for example don't make any sense to my kids who have never heard of it. Maybe a bit outdated? I worry as well when it talks about the fact that humans only come in 4 colours, kind of excluding all those colours people actually come in.
Also, not to do with the book but the used copy I bought in 'very good' condition was covered in sticky gunge that I had to scrub off and disinfect, so it has probably put me off the book a little!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Aug 2013
I have always loved this book and now my children enjoy it too. Quality was ok, as described. Nowt else to say.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 26 Jun 2013
L. Wilson (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
I read this story to my own children and now read it to everyone child I have contact with and they all love it. Trying to imagine how you would explain our world to aliens. The pictures are hilarious but grown ups will get it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 26 Mar 2013
Mr. Robert Jones "jonesr001" (Woodbridge, England) - See all my reviews
Kids & adults will enjoy this - what's not to like? My 10 year old niece thinks it's hilarious. So does her mum. So do I.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 27 Nov 2012
Love this very funny book! I and my chidren love ALL the Dr Xargle books!
They are rib achingly, laugh out loud funny!
The eminent Alien doctor's command of (English)Earling is hilarious!
Scrambled eggs will never be the same...now Egg Mangle!

5.0 out of 5 stars hilarous, 17 Mar 2011
Serena (uk) - See all my reviews
What a wonderful little book! Had to get a second as my first child loved me reading this funny account of human babies so much we all but wore the spine off! Wonderfully funny, with lovely pictures. A definite favourite.

Dr Xargle's Book of Earthlets (Andersen Press Picture Books)
Dr Xargle's Book of Earthlets (Andersen Press Picture Books) by Jeanne Willis (Paperback - 24 Jan 2002)
Used & New from: 0.01