Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 December 2009
My daughter is five and pony mad at the moment. The whole Tilly's Pony Tails series has made great bed time reading for us both over the last few months. I always pre-order the next book in the series when Amazon line it up.

Some of the content is maybe aimed at older children, but it is not inappropriate for a five year old in my opinion. By comparison we found the Katie Price books unenjoyable.
on 13 July 2009
My daughter, who is 10 years old, loved this book, the second in the Tilly Redbrow series. She enjoyed the first one, Magic Spirit, and couldn't wait to get this book. She rides and is about the same age as Tiger Lily (Tilly) Redbrow, the main character. Her dreams and aspirations are almost the same as Tilly's and she can really identify with the character. This book follows on from the first but could equally be read on its own. It gives you advice within the story about pony and horse care but also lists it again at the end which is useful if you just wanted to refer to this later. The chapters aren't too long, ideal for reading one or two at bedtime or whilst waiting for a train, and the line drawings illustrating it are charming.

We've already bought and read the third, Rosie, and time is now standing still whilst we wait for the rest to be published.
on 1 October 2009
It is really fun and great to read and It has got lots of things in it that you don't expect to happen in it.I used to not enjoy reading that much but now whenever I have a spare moment I go straight to my room and read magic spirit.I am age 9.
on 16 May 2009
This is the best book I have read in ages. I could not put it down. A real page turner and cant wait to start the sequel!
on 26 April 2010
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter and she LOVES IT! She hasn't listened to anything else! She also has some of the books and loves these to. If you have a horse mad child this is for them
My pony mad 8 year old loves everything Pippa Funnell and this was no exception! Read in a couple of hours and really enjoyed. I just wish the books were longer as she reads so fast!
on 30 June 2012
My daughter likes horses since going to a friend's horse riding party.

She doesn't like reading much, so we tried this book.

Excellent results. She loved it and couldn't wait to finish it. When we went into the local bookshop today, she was so excited that there were other Pippa Funnell books on the shelves, and can't wait to read some more.

She is 9. A younger child may need help/enjoy having the book read to them, but she read with ease and enjoyed it. Perfect for someone like her who is put off reading larger/thicker books.
on 28 August 2014
My daughter wanted a horsey book to read and I found this. What a find it was! WE love it (I enjoyed the story too). We raced through reading this (shared reading) and couldn't wait to get onto the next. We have now read all in the range together and my daughter has started to read the stories again by herself this time. The story content was good and encourages children to read more - lets have lots more please!
on 21 February 2013
my daughter has always been an animal lover and i came across these books and decide to get her one to see how much she liked them. a month on and she has spent every little bit of pocket money on buying as many of the series as she can.they are a great book for ages 6 years and upwards to read alone or for an adult to read at bedtime.
on 1 November 2010
I bought this book having read the first in the serious, Magic Spirit. I bought it at Badminton and got it signed by Pippa for my daughter but I was so excited! I would like to say it was for my 5 year old daughter but I think it was secretly for me. Entertaining and informative and I am away to order another as we are both hooked.