5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT BOOK!!
Published on 3 Aug. 2009

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story, but not as good a Dolphin Song!
My daughter (9) loved reading Dolphin Song so I bought her The Last Leopard hoping if would be equally captivating. However, she did not find the story as interesting. It is nothing to do with the way it was written (although I do think it had a slightly older feel), I just think the content was not as interesting to her; she loves dolphins, but is not so interested in...
Published on 3 Jan. 2011 by Avis

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT BOOK!!, 3 Aug. 2009
This review is from: The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) (Paperback)
I absolutely loved this book!! Lauren St John has written this book with a lot of detail. Some of the words were quite hard to understand and occasionally I had to ask a member of my family what they meant. When you read this book you have vivid images of the events. It is probably one of the best books I've ever read!! With this book you'll never want to put it down or reach the end!!!! Highly Recommended. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Thrid Installment, 21 Jun. 2009
A Kid's Review
I had very high expectations of this book, having enjoyed the first two in the series and I wasn't disappointed. I would recommend this to anyone. I lent it to my dad and he enjoyed the books as well as me. Very enjoyable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book - Ash aged 11, 15 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) (Paperback)
This book is based for kids around the age 10 - 13. I enjoyed this book lots. It's gripping and fast-paced. If you love animals, adventure and frienship, this book would be great for you. It's a thrilling and enchanting story to read.

- Ash
Aged 11

5.0 out of 5 stars review of The Last Leopard, 29 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) (Paperback)
I read this book aloud to my son, aged 10, having seen this author on a children's programme. I had been looking for a new good quality children's author, and been attracted by the travel and wildlife aspect, as well as the sense of adventure. I was delighted, and my son kept asking for more! There was a good blend of adventure and danger, with a sense of the mystical, but also introduced the very real prospect of extinction,and interesting insights into African societies and cultures. The writing style flowed, and was written from the viewpoint of the heroes, Martine and Ben. Also humourous in places, I would recommend thoroughly, and now look forward to reading the rest of Lauren St John's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lauren St John White Giraffe Books, 13 Nov. 2010
A Kid's Review
I am a 12 year old boy and I think the series written by Lauren St John is completely brilliant. These are the first books that have made me want to pick them up instead of gaming!!! and I am the worlds number one gaming fan. I hope she continues writing more in the series as I will definitely be buying them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series of books, 10 July 2011
N. Heape (Dorset, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) (Paperback)
This is the third book in a series, and although there is a common thread with the characters, each book is different and very enjoyable. I have read parts of these books with my 12 year daughter and she has absolutely loved them and as an added bonus has learnt a fair amount about wildlife and life in South Africa too. The 2nd book in the series for example refers to the 'sardine run' off the coast of South Africa and also how dolphins use a form of sonar and so on. I know that as soon as she has finished reading this one she will be keen to start the 4th book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 5 April 2014
This review is from: The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) (Paperback)
I am an adult and didn't realise these were more geared towards children, but LOVED every minute of reading. I read the full set of 4 books to this series, they are all gripping and entertaining with great characters. The safari setting brings a quality of magic and if you are an animal lover then you will adore the safari and other creatures which play integral parts to the stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn’t too sure what to make of this – I almost wanted to dislike it, but it rose through the ranks from ..., 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) (Paperback)
At first, I wasn’t too sure what to make of this – I almost wanted to dislike it, but it rose through the ranks from a rating of 6/10 to a rating of 8/10 by the time I finished, and now I’m tempted to check out more of Lauren’s work.

See, Lauren’s books follow a young girl called Martine who lives on a wildlife resort in South Africa, a girl who has a special gift with animals and who rides around on the back of a white giraffe called Jemmy. At first, I could only pick up on the clichés that are sprinkled throughout the manuscript, as well as the occasional unlikely plot elements that made me unsuspend my disbelief.

But then I got drawn in by the characterisation and the rollicking story-line that doesn’t stop for a heartbeat. It turns out, this young adult novel has a lot to say on the subject of wildlife and animal rights, and I can get on-board with anything from an author like that, who’s changing the world for the better by showing our children how beautiful the natural world is.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Bedtime Story, 6 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) (Paperback)
My daughter who is 10 years old loved this book so much. She has also read the other books in the series with this being the 3rd. She would recomend it to other children of her age, but they should read the others in series first. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars The last leopard by Lauren St John, 5 Feb. 2015
I really liked this book because it has used really good vocabulary, really good amazing adjectives.
I really like these types of books because they are adventurous,
sad, emotional, really good types of books

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series)
The Last Leopard (The White Giraffe series) by Lauren St John (Paperback - 28 May 2009)