5.0 out of 5 stars another fabulous book in the Roman Mysteries series.
These books have been a revelation to my 10 year old son, whose favourite subject is History. When he started reading them he became hooked immediately, even though he hadn't been keen to start reading the first one, as he didn't like the description of them, especially the fact that there was a heroine rather then a hero! He had been a reluctant though competent reader...
Published on 18 April 2009 by busybee

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating spiritual turn
Published on 21 Oct. 2009 by Missa Marmalstein

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner, 25 Feb. 2009
S. R. H. James (London, UK) - See all my reviews
It's getting exciting now, isn't it? The (alas) penultimate book of this fabulous series, so well researched as always. We have travelled the length and breadth of the Roman Empire enjoying the thrilling adventures of Flavia, Jonathan, Nubia and Lupus. What's more, we have learned so much about the mores of those times, not always comfortable but full of honesty and integrity. This one deals with the tricky subject of child abduction, touched upon in a previous volume. And an ending awaits. Read it and collect the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prophet, 4 Feb. 2013
This review is from: 16 The Prophet from Ephesus (The Roman Mysteries) (Paperback)
A good series of books for boys who like history. I would recommend them for 9-11 year olds But watch out, once you start reading them there are a lot in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars is it religious?, 14 Jan. 2013
my teenage knights were fascinated, and so were mum and dad, by the whole set of books, which we have collected in fits and starts.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Roman mysteries, 21 July 2013
It is a really good book. I loved it. It is the best book ever and I can't wait for the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roman Book, 5 Sept. 2010
A Kid's Review
Great book it is not very different to the other books but it is a bit strange at the end though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roman mysteries, 15 Mar. 2010
ali (Biggar scotland) - See all my reviews
My 11 year old got the first 15 of these for christmas- and read them all in a few days- she has really enjoyed them and wanted to get the others as well.
She gave this one 4 stars !

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating spiritual turn, 21 Oct. 2009
I have been a big fan of this series, and have ordered all of the books to both read myself and pass onto my students. This book shares many of the fantastic things I have loved about the other ones in the series, such as great descriptions of the settings and a good mystery to solve. But this one actually angered me when it came to the issue of early Christianity. While I have always found Jonathan's grappling with the "Way" thoughtful and probably realistic in it's depiction of Jews who were the first believers in Christianity, in this book three main characters just seem to magically become Christian. As this book is targeted towards intelligent young people who are most likely dealing with their own spiritual beliefs, it seems simplistic and misleading. I felt like throwing the book across the room when I finished it, and almost didn't lend it to a student who is the series biggest fan. She read it and liked it for the romantic entanglements, but I was sorely disappointed.

16 The Prophet from Ephesus (The Roman Mysteries)
16 The Prophet from Ephesus (The Roman Mysteries) by Caroline Lawrence (Paperback - 6 Aug. 2009)