5.0 out of 5 stars I would heartily recommend this to any parent
This was bought for my 7-year old son a few months ago with a view to encouraging him to start reading for himself. This definitely did the trick. He's now read all of the Horrid Henry books, all of Dav Pilkey's Captain Underpants books and started reading 'Goosebumps' books. This has taken just a few months from him showing little interest in reading fiction to himself...
Published on 15 Aug. 2006 by Mike J. Wheeler

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for Children
This is a good read for the children, some who like this character anyway. I have seen the cartoon & the film & he's very funny. popular
Published 22 months ago by May B

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 Sept. 2014
Bought as very good condition , the book is in very poor condition , only fit for the bin. !!

4.0 out of 5 stars great read for little kids, 16 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Horrid Henry's Big Bad Book: Ten Favourite Stories - and more! (Hardcover)
Bought this for my grandson who is into his second year at school - just to show him that being good all the time isn't always the best fun. There are always bits in life that you can throw your hands in the air, jump around and make a noise about. He agreed with me - it was great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love henry, 23 Jan. 2015
My 6 yr old grandson loves this book, definitely a winner.

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter loves it, 20 Jan. 2015
Mrs. Z Macdonald "Zoe Mac" (Surrey) - See all my reviews
A nice book in hardback which will last for years

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 31 Dec. 2014
My granddaughter is very happy with her present

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Indeed, 10 Sept. 2009
ladywebslinger (Brighton United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can understand why children would love these books - its a slugs and snails kind of take on childhood which children love, but, as a parent, I find the stories vile.

In case you aren't familiar with the stories the author names all the characters using alliteration and caricature to depict the worst aspects of childhood traits, so we have Moody Margaret, Horrid Henry and Sour Susan, among others. I'm afraid reducing children to caricatures in this way simply doesn't work for me. I'm not saying all portrayals of childhood should be all sweetness and light, like Milly, Molly, Mandy, but there is no humanity or joy here - and nothing approaching the understanding of childhood feelings so wonderfully put across by writers like Roald Dahl.

I'd also add that I've noticed my daughter plays up much more after listening to her Horrid Henry CDs; I'm tempted, in fact, to wang them in the bin. I hate to be so disparaging of a set of books, but really, the negativity depicted in these makes me feel like being, well, horrid, to the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Dec. 2014
grandson loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Jan. 2015
My son loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
Great condition

5.0 out of 5 stars horrid henry's big bad book, 12 Jan. 2012
i bought this book for my grandson aged 7 based on comments / reviews i had seen. it certainly has done the trick. for a boy normally consumed by dvd's and childrens tv this has got him reading. its not a quick fix but with input from me and parents he wants to read and this looks as though it will capture his imagination sufficiently to carry on.

Horrid Henry's Big Bad Book: Ten Favourite Stories - and more!
Horrid Henry's Big Bad Book: Ten Favourite Stories - and more! by Francesca Simon (Hardcover - 21 Oct. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01