Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 October 2012
I bought this book on offer, and on the basis that all the other reviewers...albeit only 5 of them....all gave 5 stars I thought it was worth a punt, and to be fair it was worth the money I paid....not sure if it had been full price!

The first two thirds of the book were great, plausible storyline that kept you going, especially with the comparison to what Clinton did with 'that woman'. However the final third decended into a bit of a farce, and although it's only a work of non-fiction I do still prefer that books don't stray too far from what id believeable....and this just ended up in a story line from a cheap movie.I wont spoil the storyline but it was just all a bit too cringeworthy....at the end people were getting promoted to positions of power like they were cheap presents....if the janitor had been around he would have been made Secretary of State. The female lead gets made director of the FBI despite only having been in the FBI for a couple of years!!!!

The author can write a story that keeps you turning the pages, and if he had kept to a storyline that was even half plausible I would have given it 5 stars.

Worth buying if on offer, and I suspect that once the author churns out a few more novels he will be one to look out for in the future.
on 20 February 2012
One of the fastest books I have ever read. Impossible to put down. As a Grisham and Clancy fan I now have a new author at the top of my wish list. Mr Murphy, I trust more are on the way.
Action from the other side of the pond. The author instantly has the reader completely immersed in both the storyline and the principle characters. Action, sub plots and a love interest combine with the suspense filled political intrigue. The speed and the ease in which the most powerful government in the world can be almost totally destroyed is described in such a believeable manner by Mr Murphy that political analysts stateside may wish to take note.
Excellent reading. Thank you
on 19 May 2012
I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure what to expect from a new author but Peter Murphy doesn't disappoint! I was hooked really quickly once I started reading and when it came to the last few chapters I was up past midnight as didn't want to put it down! I'd really recommend this book and look forward to some more work coming through from Peter Murphy.
on 21 August 2012
This book was impossible to put down. One of the best books I have read in a long time. not to be missed. I can't wait for Peter Murphy s next book to be published. I now know what to buy all my friends for Christmas
on 11 August 2012
Peter Murphy's first novel Removal was thoroughly enjoyed and difficult to
put down. He brought 7 Days in May into the 21st century and demonstrated
a total grasp of the American political/legal scene. I look forward to his next
book with much anticipation.
on 3 March 2014
This is a real car crash of a novel, completely unlike the author's other roks. It is not well-written, badly-planned and rapidly descends into unconvincing fantasy. Loosely based on the failed impeachment of Clinton (with Profumo overtones), it attempts to predict a likely outcome. It fails.
on 28 January 2012
Once I got hooked by this book - which didn't take long - I found it just about impossible to put down.

Its depiction of an all too believable outcome in the aftermath of the impeachment of a US president is fascinating and disturbing.

It is very well written, the plot is gripping, and it has, unusually, several strong female characters. It's very credible and engaging, the kind of book I want to read really quickly to find out what happens, but at the same time don't want to end because I want the experience to continue.

Highly recommended.
on 17 February 2014
Peter Murphy is a gifted story teller & I just loved this book. It's a fascinating & credible tale of the machinations of power, politics & the manipulation of not only the innocent but also the misguided. The author displays a knowledge & understanding of the American constitution & legal system that makes the story so believable & compelling. Characters are well written, rounded & I found the multi layered strands were introduced in a intriguing & well managed way & ensured that as a reader I couldn't put this book down. Peter Murphy kept me guessing to the end as to how he would resolve this story. Cannot wait to read his next book!
on 16 May 2014
I have not yet read this book, but bought it because I am reading another of Peter Murphy's books which was given to me, and which I am thoroughly enjoying.
on 14 March 2013
Moves along at a lively pace. Character interlinks easy to follow. U S presidential infighting and associated manoevering has a realistic ring