on 4 August 2008
The '101' series are some of the easiest books to follow for children wanting to draw, as each picture advances from the first circle to the end product in six simple steps with no rubbing out, or going over an outline afterwards. They simply copy what's there as they move from one box to the next making them particularly well suited for young children who may struggle with the more common 'start by drawing 10 circles, then work from there to shape those into other shapes, then rub out, outline, etc' approach of most kids how to draw books. All the books I've seen in this series are great but this one in particular is excellent for capturing the imagination of kids with some of the cutest and most fun-looking monsters you can't help but want to draw yourself as an adult. This is something I've bought and carried with me for use whenever waiting rooms and delays are on the days horizon, and it has never failed to successfully keep my hyperactive child interested and occupied yet. A vastly underrated brilliant book!
on 12 June 2009
Our 8 year old son has had hours and hours of fun from this very simple book. If your kids love drawing they will love this book. Even what seem to be very difficult monsters to draw are made easy with the step by step guide.
on 5 November 2009
I have bought this and other books in this series for my 8 and 11 year old boys and they love them, they both enjoy drawing and are delighted with being able to produce really good results following the guidelines, great for rainy days. Monsters is one of their favourits, Recommended.
on 7 April 2011
A book that is obviously aimed at kids to learn them to draw and create stuff from their imaginations is something that should be encouraged. This book shows really easy and simplified drawing tutorials on how to draw 101 monsters and all the classics are there to enjoy and figure out how to draw.

This book will certainly help kids with their figure drawing in a cartoon style and learning to draw things in steps rather than drawing a monster straight out, which might come out looking out of proportion. My two kids loved this book and they are little monsters themselves!
on 18 December 2010
I bought this book for a 9 year old girl who has a great interest in drawing and is currently reading a book on monsters so, when I found this book I thought it was a great gift for her. Every drawing is layed out in really easy steps and all the images in the book look really good and are all different and very imaginative! A great gift!
on 7 January 2012
Fantastic. wish I had bought my daughter these years ago. (I love them too). She was not a natural artist, Now she is drawing recognisable characters with a style about them. She is 12 years old and she does actually go horse riding so to start her off I got the Pony/horse one. She was so proud of her own results that she then took more interest in all the others.I also got them in a multy buy deal. Which was excellent value for money. Since buying these I have seen other books from the same series I would have loved to buy a pack with the whole series in. I will be buying these to give as gifts for my nieces and nephews in the future.
on 9 September 2011
I brought this book because I wanted to be able to draw manga but I have no real drawing skills so it back to basics and this is a great way of learning to draw it very simple step by step you learn how to draw each monster and it's clear and easy and best of all it's fun.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 27 June 2013
Bought around six months ago for my five year old daughter who loves drawing
and we are still using it.

Some of the monsters are quite tricky to draw, but I think that's the key to this
series of books, as your child gets older the more difficult tasks can be attempted.

Make sure you have plenty of paper, soft pencils and a decent eraser!

It's probably stating the obvious, but it can also double-up as a colouring book too!
on 24 October 2012
This is a brilliant book

Its A4 with 2,3 or 4 monsters on each page broken down into 6 or so steps to draw it

I had a go and was amazed at how good it looked and my 7 year old is engrossed right now

A really good guide on how to draw these 101 monsters, but also a good springboard for learning how to structure a picture.

Very impressed!!
on 3 January 2013
I bought this to keep my 3 boys occupied during a flight to the canaries. Very impressed. Although there were a few arguments between the 3 of them about who would draw what. Simple sketches, that my sons could draw extremely well (ages 9, 7 & 6). They still use it now, 6 weeks later. If you have any budding artists, buy it - you won't be disappointed!