5.0 out of 5 stars Best manga book for me too!!
Published on 24 Aug 2009 by K. N. Taylor

1.0 out of 5 stars This book isn't very good, not what you expect
Published 9 months ago by joseph wheeldon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best manga book for me too!!, 24 Aug 2009
K. N. Taylor - See all my reviews
This book is brilliant, it teaches you stage by stage how to draw your characters and is superb for a beginner! I've previously bought the 'Monster book of Manga' you'll find elsewhere on Amazon, THAT BOOK shows lots of examples of the stages of drawing a character but NO instruction on how to draw them yourself, a bit disappointing! . I think once you've got the hang of it the 'Monster book of Manga' is a good resource and source of inspiration and is a good companion to this book, but get this book first!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best manga book I've bought so far!, 9 April 2009
I've always avoided drawing people as best I could, getting the proportions all in the right place frustrates me so much. This book is one of the greatest things that has happened to me! It's taught me about faces, proportions, animals, creatures, backgrounds and more! If you're a begginer I definitely advise this book as it leads you step by step with detailed descriptions and diagrams.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good guide for beginners, 26 May 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of Drawing Manga (Paperback)
I would recommend this book to anyone looking to begin drawing manga. The book starts with the face including how it is stuctured, how to draw it at different angles, the differences between drawing a male and female character etc. The book then moves on to drawing the body starting with the structure of the body and adding details such as clothing.

This book has a bit of everything I was looking for. The sections on drawing animals, aliens etc was brilliant and the chapters on drawing people of different age in the manga style has been invaluable to me. The section on colouring will be useful when I come to that part but I do think a bit more on drawing manga on a computer is needed e.g. using the open source application GIMP to do some of the basic layering etc.

The diagrams used to show how to draw the different frames of characters were easy to read but once or twice I found it difficult to match the text to the diagram. This is my only real issue with the book.

All in all a very well written book. The illustrations are very good and the whole book seems well thought out.

1.0 out of 5 stars This book isn't very good, not what you expect, 14 Mar 2014
joseph wheeldon (Peterborough, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Book of Drawing Manga (Paperback)
I have read other books that do what this book tries to do much better. The quality of drawings in this book that it is trying to teach you are really low. The style of manga it teaches you to draw is very childish. Its good for young children but if you're a teenager or older and want to get into drawing manga, i'd recommend another book. I threw this away. The other reviews are very misleading

5.0 out of 5 stars very comprehensive, 1 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Complete Book of Drawing Manga (Paperback)
perhaps not for the beginner, but my older son delved right in and loves it! The book is a bit pricey, but well worth it for the practicing Manga artist!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginner, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Complete Book of Drawing Manga (Paperback)
Good for kids 8+, will give a good overview of the basics of anatomy, animals, panels etc. (Not "real" manga though, my daughter wanted a book on how to draw proper Manga eyes and this book doesn't tell you). Didn't break the bank though, so no big deal. Great to get your kids (or adults) started, before you move on to proper Manga books (Like the More How To Draw Manga series etc).

5.0 out of 5 stars a-mazing!, 22 May 2008
its just one word............. amazingly awesome ooh thats 2!
it teaches you step by step and it gives inspirational idea
being a professional manga artist myself i know whats a good book and whats not
enough said!

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to follow - anyone can draw Manga, 29 Dec 2011
Mr. G. Bridgeman-clarke "Graham BC" (Rayleigh, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Complete Book of Drawing Manga (Paperback)
I have been trying to find a good book on how to draw Manga for ages and I have read what seems like every book out there on the subject. This is, in my view, the best one there is currently available. Within a few minutes I was drawing my first Manga head and practice makes perfect - after a few goes I am pretty confident with my drawing.

You can delve into the book as you wish but it does make sense to start at the beginning and work your way through. If you don't it may be trickier but you should still get good to greg results.

I am working my way through the book and hopefully I will get pretty confident in my drawing. recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars kids love it!!, 27 May 2014
This review is from: The Complete Book of Drawing Manga (Paperback)
It helps develop their understanding of how pictures are made up!!
kids love and enjoy it regularly!!
Great book thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book for beginners!!!, 21 May 2014
This review is from: The Complete Book of Drawing Manga (Paperback)
If you're new to Anime than I reccomend this book, if you're on the advanced level than please avoid this book, you will be very disappointed!!!!

Hope this helped someone thinking of purchasing the book!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Complete Book of Drawing Manga
The Complete Book of Drawing Manga by Peter Gray (Paperback - 30 Jan 2010)