5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning book, 9 May 2006
Douglas Baillie (UK) - See all my reviews
Simply amazing. It's a wonderfully complete, well-researched treasure. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I just wish I had a niece or nephew of the right age to receive a copy as a gift. I hold a PhD in optical physics, and I work in the field of optical design, and I found many stunning effects here that I can show to any colleagues who still retain a sense of wonder, but I'd love to give it to a curious 7-year old and initiate them into the fascinating world of visual perception. My edition seems to be slightly different to the current, but I don't imagine that Al Seckel has seen any need to make major changes. I have 256 pages, mostly given over to the full-page images, with a minimum of well-written text, just enough to whet the appetite for explanation, clear and simple enough for a child, accurate enough for a professional. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 14 Jun 2010
Pepperpots (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a gift for someone else I did get to peek inside it before wrapping it up! I loved it and so did the receipient. A wide variety of illusions to dazzle and fascinate and I find it hard to imagine that anyone could not like this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars good gift, 26 May 2011
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
i bought this for my dad - a man who has everything. he thought it was great. apparently some of the images made him feel sick - quite a feat for a flat image!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
it is amazing. i love optical illusions and have loads of books on them but this is by far the best. i bought it used but it came look as though it was brand new i love the colourful pictures to!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you interested, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my son but I had a look at it before and it's lots of fun. There is an image or eye game on almost each page so plenty to keep everyone occupied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Visual Illusions, 16 Oct 2011
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
A book filled with very clever optical illusions. Good clear images creating thought provoking illusions. The majority of the art pieces are also to be found in Al Seckel's larger collection "Masters of Deception", however this is still a good book in its own right. Buy this book if you cannot afford "Masters of Deception" and you will still be pleased with the results. Package arrrived well wrapped and in as new condition, within only 2 days of order.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing!, 3 April 2013
G. Tully (Leics UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
Fascinating book that really blows your mind. You get to the point where first of all you cannot believe people managed to create the illusions and then to the stage where you no longer trust anything you see. Quite a lot of supportive writing and explanations so not just a flick through coffee table book but deals with ground breaking (at the time) approaches to visual art. Good for the scholar and the non specialist just wanting to be amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
I have always been amazed by the speed you get the orders out. The quality of the book was 'as new' I have so far very been disappointed. Well done.

Incredible Visual Illusions
Incredible Visual Illusions by Al Seckel (Paperback - 30 Sep 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01