5.0 out of 5 stars A stunning book, 9 May 2006
Douglas Baillie (UK) - See all my reviews
Simply amazing. It's a wonderfully complete, well-researched treasure. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I just wish I had a niece or nephew of the right age to receive a copy as a gift. I hold a PhD in optical physics, and I work in the field of optical design, and I found many stunning effects here that I can show to any colleagues who still retain a sense of wonder, but I'd love to give it to a curious 7-year old and initiate them into the fascinating world of visual perception. My edition seems to be slightly different to the current, but I don't imagine that Al Seckel has seen any need to make major changes. I have 256 pages, mostly given over to the full-page images, with a minimum of well-written text, just enough to whet the appetite for explanation, clear and simple enough for a child, accurate enough for a professional. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 14 Jun. 2010
Pepperpots (Staffordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought as a gift for someone else I did get to peek inside it before wrapping it up! I loved it and so did the receipient. A wide variety of illusions to dazzle and fascinate and I find it hard to imagine that anyone could not like this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Visual Illusions, 16 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
A book filled with very clever optical illusions. Good clear images creating thought provoking illusions. The majority of the art pieces are also to be found in Al Seckel's larger collection "Masters of Deception", however this is still a good book in its own right. Buy this book if you cannot afford "Masters of Deception" and you will still be pleased with the results. Package arrrived well wrapped and in as new condition, within only 2 days of order.

5.0 out of 5 stars good gift, 26 May 2011
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
i bought this for my dad - a man who has everything. he thought it was great. apparently some of the images made him feel sick - quite a feat for a flat image!

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
it is amazing. i love optical illusions and have loads of books on them but this is by far the best. i bought it used but it came look as though it was brand new i love the colourful pictures to!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeps you interested, 16 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
I purchased this book for my son but I had a look at it before and it's lots of fun. There is an image or eye game on almost each page so plenty to keep everyone occupied.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling and amazing, 27 Dec. 2014
this book is highly amazing its got a variety of some incredible visual illusions just as the the title was preformed adn prepared on the cover of the book a lot of my family friends thought is was some amazing outstanding book. the illusions can really trick you its worth the money to get this amazing book. i thorought enjoyed it whilst sitting with my kids trying to work out how the shots were illusional. its paper back and got solving questions inside the book. there are some stunning illlusions placed and its also got full page pictures. It has 256 pages numbered in the bottom right corner. its got great pictures, in quality i would probally say its about 12 ultra pixels which is one massive quality. I mean yeah its a pretty easy book to make, but wow the author is amazing for making this fine detailed book. there fore if it was my choice to rate it, it would most certianly be a 5 star rate. i know i spent ages typing this but oh my was it worth it. I just want you to experience the same as i did. I defenitly am making it highly recommened, for over 3 and 3 up to 200 years of age. thankyou if you read this all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing!, 3 April 2013
G. Tully (Leics UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
Fascinating book that really blows your mind. You get to the point where first of all you cannot believe people managed to create the illusions and then to the stage where you no longer trust anything you see. Quite a lot of supportive writing and explanations so not just a flick through coffee table book but deals with ground breaking (at the time) approaches to visual art. Good for the scholar and the non specialist just wanting to be amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 14 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
I have always been amazed by the speed you get the orders out. The quality of the book was 'as new' I have so far very been disappointed. Well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Incredible Visual Illusions (Paperback)
My daughter was very happy with book. Excellent condition.

Incredible Visual Illusions
Incredible Visual Illusions by Al Seckel (Paperback - 30 Sept. 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01