5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase
Published on 20 Oct. 2009 by MissB

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed
Its a good book but disappointed that i could not find a reference to which tarot decks had been used on and throughout the book
Published 4 months ago by Lady Of Light

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, 20 Oct. 2009
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
This book is excellent in terms of the share ammount of information it provides. It addresses most of the areas that other tarot books neglect and everything is given in nice bite sized portions so that learning how to read the tarot is never overwhelming but always enjoyable. Out of all the tarot books I've purchased, this is the best (with Tarot for Writers coming close second).

My only small criticism is that the card discriptions discuss the possible meanings of each card but don't spend any time connecting the meanings to the detail of the picture. To address this matter I have the Rider Waite book which concentrates almost eclusively on picture detail (but isn't good for much else).

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing little book, 19 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading a nice review at Aecletic forum. I think it suits better beginners/intermediate readers. Advanced tarot readers will probably feel bored. The book goes quickly through tarot history, decks, related skills (meditation, astrology), but what is really good about it is the collection of spreads and quick card meanings! I have been using it for almost one month now and am quite pleased. Definitely recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book., 5 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
Brilliant well written book.
I use this book all the time for reference on my readings when I am not sure of the cards meaning.
For learning the Tarot journey this is probably the best book I've had it helps a great deal in understanding the many layers of Tarot.
Buy the book you won't be disappointed with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Interpretation Section, Spreads & Techniques, 23 Aug. 2011
V GIBSON "Vanessa Gibson" (Why can't you show my name, not just an initial?) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
I have the same book in a different cover, same series, same RRP (which I paid in full): 400 colourful glossy pages: 16.7 x 14 cm x 3 cm thick. © 2006

Other books explain what is going on in the card but have only short interpretation sections. This one has a pageful of (mainly psychological) interpretation opposite a large coloured picture of the card and lists of keywords and key phrases. It is much better to have a coloured image of the card while studying than the greyscale images found in older books. The Tarot Directory section has a double page for each card, Major & Minor.

I can manage to read the print with 60YO eyes even under just a couple of the strongest silly curly mercury bulbs, unless too tired.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to learn, 7 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
Tarot is a strange thing to learn, because everyone will give you an interpretation, but you have to find your own. This book is probably one of the best I found when I started to learn the cards. It's clear and easy to follow, without getting lost in translation. But it also allows you to find your own definitions.

The layout makes things very easy to find, and the collection of spreads at the end of the book are great to work through. You might want to change them slightly to suit your own purposes, but that's fine. They give a great foundation and basis to start from.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply brilliant!!!, 27 July 2012
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
I bought this book and I find it perfect! I am not a complete beginner and I am on the run upwards! I like the fact there are key words, and key phrases. I also like the in depth interpretation of each card. The only thing I would of liked to have seen is one 'core meaning' which is what you find in Tarot for Beginners by Barbara Moore. Other than that, this book is just wonderful for a beginner who wants the mystery taken out of reading their favourite tarot deck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarot, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
Brilliant book, good for old and new tarot users alike. Very informative, instead of the little short write ups of normal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
Pretty good book, not one of my favourites i own, but i dont hate it. I refer to it every now and again, and comes very useful due to the large amounts of spreads it contains. The fact it is printed in colour makes it a lot more enjoyable to read. i have lent it to beginners as an introduction to tarot. Not a bad buy at all. Book was slightly damaged upon arrival but that didnt bother me too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good ,Clear and to the Point, 25 Nov. 2013
J. A. Crawford "Jules" (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
I am new to using Tarot Cards, I purchased a pack of tarot cards a while ago but found the booklet which came with them lacking detail or real direction, which rapidly brought my use of the tarot cards to a end. With the purchase of this book I have found the same tarot cards to be so much more informative and interesting. Though I can only still call myself a beginner I feel I am now on the path of gaining more from the cards. Firmly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book and guide, 15 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles (Paperback)
As someone who recently found Tarot come into my life, I find this book to be very helpful in helping my make sense of the cards. Its has keywords, key-phrases and more in-depth descriptions of each card and has a lot of different spreads in it which I have not seen in other books. A great book for anyone who is new at this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles
The Tarot Bible: Godsfield Bibles by Sarah Bartlett (Paperback - 6 July 2009)