5.0 out of 5 stars A really great book
I enjoyed this title alot and highly recommended it.
It starts off with a short history of tea and tea-leaf reading,then moves on to getting the gear you'll need-like getting the right cup and teapot and choosing the right tea,and gives a list of the varieties of tea suitable for readings.Tells you how to make the perfect cup of tea for a reading.
Chapter 3...
Published on 15 Oct 2010 by M. Tomlinson

3.0 out of 5 stars not very helpful
Published 7 months ago by Anon

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great book, 15 Oct 2010
M. Tomlinson "wickedwillow" (notts,sutton-in-ashfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Tea Leaf Reading (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this title alot and highly recommended it.
Chapter 3 tells you how to prepare for a reading,gives a centering meditation and how to perform the reading ritual.
Chapter 4 tells how to read the leaves,asking the right questions,what areas of the cup mean and advice on recording your readings.
Chapter 5 'Readings for every purpose' gives just that-a reading for the day ahead,how to answer a yes/no question,advice on categories of readings-love,career,money,family,health and travel and tells how to do special readings,such as one for your birthday and even readings for pets!
The book is completed by the tea-leaf directory,with symbols organized into the six categories mentioned above,all of the symbols are given meaning in regard to what category they are in,some symbols appear in more than one section.
I would have liked a 'General meanings' category for what symbols mean in a general fortune reading,but using your intuition can overcome this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Art of Tea Leaf Reading, 22 July 2009
Linda Imm (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Tea Leaf Reading (Hardcover)
I bought this book as a present for a friend, I couldn't resist taking a good look at it and was really suprised at the amount of interesting information in the book, intend to buy another one for me...........

Linda I

3.0 out of 5 stars not very helpful, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Art of Tea Leaf Reading (Hardcover)
I've been reading tea leaves on and off since I was a girl, and someone gave me this as a present a few years ago. The book is nicely laid out and the info on the history of tea and the type of cup to use etc is quite interesting. However, I was more interested in the symbols and their meanings and this part I found to be completely rubbish. Although there are a lot of symbols, they are so un realistic in what you would actually see in the cup to be laughable. For example, very realistic and complete outlines of umbrella's, animals, faces, body parts - the list is endless. The leaves will often give faint interpretations of images that only you can decipher, but never anything this accurate. However, the meanings portrayed for each symbol is reasonably good - but they also give different meanings for the same symbol dependant on whether the tea drinkers question is health, career, love or family related!!! The rest of the book is nice, so you may find it interesting for 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars super book, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Art of Tea Leaf Reading (Hardcover)
Still reading this but it is a lovely well written and interesting book. Am fast becoming an expert and doing readings for my family. it came quickly too

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 5 Nov 2010
A. Childs - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Art of Tea Leaf Reading (Hardcover)
I purchased this book as 'Tasseography' (tea leaf reading) really interested me. I had no idea what I needed let alone what to do or how to do it!!!!
The book is great at giving step by step instructions and advice on how to give tea leaf readings, and really helped me understand more about what I needed to pursue a hobby in Tasseography.

5/5 stars is definitely the right rating for this and the book makes a great gift for friends, family, or even your self

The Art of Tea Leaf Reading
The Art of Tea Leaf Reading by Jane Struthers (Hardcover - 15 Mar 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01