4.0 out of 5 stars A Good study but leaves one wanting more, 3 Sep 2008
R. Doheny (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: British Mark I Tank 1916 (New Vanguard) (Paperback)
The book gives a good overview of the evolution of the different machines that culminated in the Mark 1. It leaves me wanting more information on the tanks as the text feels a bit short. Presumably the author was limited in how much he could write. I said to myself what do you expect from a book that's 45 pages? Well it'd be reasonable to actually get the 45 pages. The text doesnt cover all the pages, theres usually a small paragraph of text in the top corner of a page relating to a picture and a column with nothing below it. I dont know how many extra words could have been fitted in exactly but I'd estimate five pages worth!

Unfortunatly there is no top down view of the tank for those interested in vehicle modeling, this may have been useful. Theres also not much detail in the pictures on the hydraulic steering at the rear of the early Mark 1s, which I was intrigued by. The colour pictures are top quality and finely detailed. Still I think if your interested in early tanks this is worth having. I wondered to myself will there be a bibliography? There wasn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars British Mk 1 tank, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: British Mark I Tank 1916 (New Vanguard) (Paperback)
Great publication for anyone interested in WW1 tank, I read it cover to cover it worth every penny.

British Mark I Tank 1916 (New Vanguard)
British Mark I Tank 1916 (New Vanguard) by David Fletcher (Paperback - 25 Jun 2004)
7.14