Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 December 2014
Great 2nd part of a 2 part military review of this conflict..., for the full picture it should be read with part 1 . To complete the picture both militarily and politically anyone interested in this particular conflict should also read the novel The Glory by Herman Wouk. This novel is mainly focused on the political background to the conflict but also covers additional history of Israel which is useful to gain a fuller picture of this emerging country.

This book was brand new and arrived well within the timeline advertised.

I would deal with this company again in the future.
on 7 September 2009
Excellent field-tactics descriptions for those who, like me, are interested in all the details. Very ínformative illustrations. Good analysis of the political situation before the armed conflict.Good analysis of the misjudgments of both sides. The advantages and disadvantages of fixed defences compared to fluid defences are clear. I found this book very informative. I found what I wanted. I would have liked to know that book no.1 on the Syrian front existed too before I ordered this one. I would have bought both of them.
on 17 March 2013
I remember living this period whilst at school in the UK and comparisns with the six day war in 1967 so is very interesting to understand the background now that I'm no longer a kiddie winkie. Pictures, maps and text are all excellent - well it is an Osprey book - andhighly recommended to all interested in the period, or region.
on 17 January 2016
A well written history of victory against the odds which saved Israel.
on 27 February 2015