5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Organised!
I requested review copies of most pregnancy journals available in the UK, and this was the only one provided. Not only do I think, therefore, that these publishers are nice people, their book is thoroughly professional, attractive, and wholly practical.
Published on 30 Jun 2004 by Dr. K. E. Patrick

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money - A beautiful & practical keepsake
I had wanted to buy a pregnancy journal ever since my husband and I started trying for a baby. I still have my old baby book and I thought it would be a lovely keepsake for our children. I also purchased the baby journal at the same time.
Published on 16 Dec 2005 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money - A beautiful & practical keepsake, 16 Dec 2005
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
The pregnancy journal is a really lovely book and is divided into various sections like preparing for pregnancy a week by week diary and choosing your babies name. It also has three great sections divided into trimesters.
The quality of the book is excellent and the pictures inside are all really lovely. There is enough space to write in all the things you need to as well as a section to record how both you and your partner felt when you found out you were pregnant.
Some parts of the book might not be revelant to everyone and I found them to be slightly over the top. For example there was a section to attach materials for the nursery and to record your design plan. This is purely down to personal taste though and some people might find this a really nice addition to the journal.
You can also record your pregnancy from week one; although most people wont find out they are pregnant until two weeks after this it could be very useful for couples going through IVF for example.
There are a few pages to attach your scan photos which I think is an excellent idea but the book could have done with more spaces to stick general photos (of your growing bump etc!), however there is adequate room on the pages to put pictures in.
All in all I think the book is really beautiful, well laid out and excellent quality for money. It gives dads/partners the opportunity to record their thoughts and feelings too which is great as they usually get forgotten about.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive and Organised!, 30 Jun 2004
Dr. K. E. Patrick (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
It is perhaps a tad on the over-long side (over 150 pages), but that makes it all the more comprehensive. There are eight different sections separated by labeled dividers, ranging from "preparing for pregnancy" to "the new arrival", with "care and classes", "preparing for baby", and the three trimesters in between.
The commentary is helpful and encouraging. The photos are heartwarming. There is lots of space for writing your own thoughts as well as pages for putting your own pictures, and uniquely, the dividers contain pockets for sliding in mementos and cards.
I don't see how you can go wrong with this as a record of your pregnancy. At the very least, you'll get your money's worth!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pregnancy Journal by Peters And Small Ryland, 15 May 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
Absolutely stunning and heartwarming book!
This is a really lovely way to remember those special nine months. This diary style book has spaces for pictures, week by week feelings and all those little things which you don't want to forget happening. Also provides snippets of good advice and thought provoking quotes! I couldn't wait to start writing in mine!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money although very basic, 1 Mar 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
I wanted a baby journal as soon as I found out I was pregnant but the local book shops in town didnt have any variety so I decided to shop on line, after reading the reviews on this journal I choose this one. I receieved the journal today and it is indead very well organised but I feel compared to Anne Geddes it is a very basic journal.
The Anne Geddes journal seems to ask so much more about how you felt when you found out you were pregnanct? what was your famlies and friends reactions? there was a lot more detail in it and if I could choose again I would definetly get a different journal.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to complete each week, 17 Oct 2011
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
I have recommended this to every friend who has fallen pregnant since me! A beautiful and very comprehensive book.

I found it an absolute joy to complete each week and I know it will be a wonderful memory for both me and my daughter to look back on in years to come.

The main section of the book is, as one would expect, laid out week by week giving you space to diary your feelings, cravings, sickness, emotions, etc but also prompting you about important scans and advising of changes to baby and Mum.

Other sections include:
Nursery - allowing you to list out what you bought from where, costs (will be quite funny in 20 years time I am sure!), paint colours, fabric samples, etc.
Names - boys and girls, why you like them, shortlists, final choices
A 2 page calendar of important Midwife and hospital appointments
Hospital bag - prompting you what you may need, but also allowing you to list what you actually took for prosperity's sake
Birth plan - how you feel about it, how you would like it to be
The birth - length of labour, who delivered baby, who was present, drugs used
New baby - name, hair colour, eye colour, length, weight, etc
Presents - what baby received and from who (an invaluable list for when you come to write out the thank you cards!)

If I am to be blessed with any more children I will buy another one for sure.

2.0 out of 5 stars Less of a journal, more of an organiser, 15 Jan 2011
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
I haven't enjoyed completing this journal as much as I thought I would, because the week-by-week pages contain lots of space to record very practical things, but little space to track progress of the pregnancy itself. For example, week 5 is dedicated to listing the pros and cons of a hospital versus home birth. Week 6 is dedicated to listing hospital choices and the pros and cons of each. Week 10 is about local excercise classes and options. Week 14 is about making a list of all the people you want to tell about the pregnancy, and then there's a very small space to record their reaction. Week 15 is a list of clothes you have borrowed and from whom, and week 16 is listing out all the local antenatal classes available. And so on... you get the picture.

All of these practical matters would be better covered under a seperate section "preparing for baby", which does already exist, and has even more detailed pages I will never use. E.g. budgeting for baby, shopping checklists, nursery decoration ideas, etc.

I also bought My Baby's Journal (Journal Gift Book) for my sister-in-law and noticed there is a great deal of overalap between the pregnancy journal and baby journal.

However the once thing I do like about this pregancy journal is that is has folders to hold things like ultrasound scans.

I have since received another pregnancy journal as a gift which I much prefer, My Pregnancy Journal by Anne Geddes. This journal focusses more on the "softer" side of the pregnancy. For example, tracking cravings and aversions, good advice received, feelings about being pregnant, baby's progress, what I wish for my baby, etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely keepsake for precious memories, 13 Nov 2007
Catherine Boyle (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
My closest friend bought me this book when she found out I was pregnant. I've filled it in religiously since the start of this 1st pregnancy and love to read back through my personal experiences, and relive the emotions I felt at each stage. I intend to buy one of these for my future pregnancies as there's no better way to keep a record for comparison and to share with my children when they're all grown up and going through pregnancies of their own. The checklists, advice and space for scan photos are really useful, particularly as we're going through this for the 1st time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab price for fab book, 20 May 2012
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
Bought this journal for my friend who is 10 weeks pregnant as i bought mine and iv written in it every week and now im 36 weeks pregnant. I paid around 17 for mine from a fancy website for pregnancy but got this journal for an absolute bargain price !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous diary, 21 April 2012
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
I ordered this for my daughter for her first pregnancy. She is delighted with it. It has lots of tips and tells you week by week how baby is developing and what changes are happening to Mum. There is space to record how mum is feeling through pregnancy and to write down those all important questions that you are bound to forget when you next see the midwife. A great buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 21 April 2012
This review is from: My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) (Spiral-bound)
Thank you arrived quick I have had one of these for all my pregnancys and love the layout would recommend to anyone who wants to record there pregnancy

My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals)
My Pregnancy Journal (Interactive Journals) by Ryland Peters & Small (Spiral-bound - 1 April 2003)
10.49