5.0 out of 5 stars Essential veggie cookbook, 5 April 2003
Alan Young (MAIDENHEAD, Berks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Vegetarian: 50 Fresh and Flavourful Recipes (Hardcover)
I own dozens (hundreds?) of cookbooks and I normally rate a book highly if I cook just one or two of its recipes on a regular basis. I regularly cook half a dozen recipes from this book and as many more for special occasions. Currently my favourite cookbook. Full of innovative ideas and a real antidote to the 'brown rice and lentils' stereotype of vegetarianism. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT IN EVERY WAY, 10 Oct 2001
By A Customer
I bought this book after seeing a small selection of her recipes in a magazine supplement. I'm so pleased I did. This book is packed full of fantastic recipies. I cooked an entire 3 course meal for four non vegitarians and we all thoroughly enjoyed every dish. I would recommend everyone has a copy of this cookbook.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Slippery Slope, 17 April 2007
This review is from: New Vegetarian (Paperback)
I had firmly vowed not to buy anymore cookery books...then succumbed to this. I cooked my way through it in record time, and found most of the recipes both straightforward and inspirational, just the thing to make cooking a pleasure after a hard day at work! One or two are more complex, for when one has more time to potter in the kitchen. In fact there is only one recipe that I have never used- due to my inability to source banana leaves. Of how many books can one say that? The down side: it has set me off on my cookery book addiction again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 12 Oct 2001
Barry N. Pritchard (Orpington, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have only been vegetarian for a little while, but when I found this book I was glad I was! For carnivores and veggies alike this book is filled with wonderfully easy recipes that taste like heaven, the pictures do no justice and even they look mouthwatering. I highly recommend this book. Happy Cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOURMET COOKING MADE EASY, 8 April 2005
Geoffrey MG (Bingi, Australia) - See all my reviews
New Vegetarian has turned my cooking from ordinary to gourmet. The book is full of easy-to-follow instructions, accompanied by lots of photo's. It is a gem for self-taught cooks or qualified chefs. So far, I have enjoyed cooking (and consuming !!!) seventeen of the meals; sixteen were superb. The tamales were dry and tasteless (maybe I did something wrong???). I usually cook for meat-eaters - mostly, several meals have been consumed before they realise they have eaten no meat. Thankyou so much Celia Brooks Brown for such a delicious book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 9 Mar 2012
M. Whigham (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
I bought this book after reading through it at my sisters & her raving about it. The recipes are nice and simple but SO tasty. Although I am not a vegetarian, this book certainly encourages me to eat less meat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another great pre-loved book which has been given a new lease ..., 22 July 2014
This review is from: New Vegetarian (Paperback)
Yet another great pre-loved book which has been given a new lease of life. Great service at a great price and giving much pleasure trying out the recipes. Highly recommended. Thank you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 28 Aug 2008
Ms. S. Lannaman (London England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: New Vegetarian (Paperback)
I have only been a vegie for a while, but this book is the excellent! I like the store cupbord section as i was totaly unsure what i should stock up on. The nutritional section is also very good for anyone that is thinking of becomming or is a new vegetarian. If your thinking about, just turned vegie, or a veteran this book is for you. The only reeason i gave this book 4 stars instead of five is that it dosn't let you know which dishes are sutable fo frezzing as im the only vegie in my house i often had lots left over if i didn't reduce the portions in the recipe and it was a bit of trial and error with freezing left overs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book, 28 Aug 2011
Saw this book recommended in a very old copy of Good Food magazine and I was delighted it was available on lie. It came very soon after order placed. I was surprised that it was an old library book ! Trust I wont get any fines for its non return !! Thank you Pauline

New Vegetarian: 50 Fresh and Flavourful Recipes
New Vegetarian: 50 Fresh and Flavourful Recipes by Celia Brooks Brown (Hardcover - 26 Feb 2001)
Used & New from: £0.01