5.0 out of 5 stars essential packing, 22 July 2008
R. Rees (Sheffield, UK) - See all my reviews
The only alternative to the Bradt guide is a tiny chapter in Lonely Planet's East Africa guide which doesn't even compare.
The first half of the book goes into the history, (both natural and human) and cultural, travel and other issues that a traveller needs to know. The second half is the guide-book and combines useful information for travellers such as where to eat, sleep and how to get around, with good accuracy. It also has a fantastic feature of articles of interest throughout the book to add colour and detail to every stop.
Prices are now a little out of date, but otherwise great. Get it before hand and read the mine of information it holds.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Guide, 25 Nov 2010
Mr. P. Burt (Dorset U.K.) - See all my reviews
A most infomative guide to this fascinating country. Allow plenty of time to read it thoroughly before you go it contains a great deal of information. My experience of Rwanda echoes everything I read in this book. I can definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rwanda an excellent guide for a wonderful Country, 11 Jan 2008
G. Bruce "Gaynor" (England) - See all my reviews
We have recently visited Rwanda and found the Bradt guide to be excellent. Really informative with some great places to visit.
We even took in some of the bar's recommended in Kigali. I would recomend not only to visit this wonderful Country but ensure you take a copy of this book with you. The information about the history, genocide and the people is all very relevant reading & very informative.
A must for any visitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking Good, 6 Aug 2012
Peter Bennett (Zanzibar) - See all my reviews
I am just back from a two week trip in Rwanda. I used the Bradt Guide by Philip Briggs. I am an experienced traveller, and I know sometimes the logistics, permuations, and sometimes facts can be hard to distill into sound advice. Somehow Philip does has the knack of bringing it all together in a way that is helpful, efficient, insightful and sometimes entertaining. Over the years I have used several books by this author and I must say, I like his style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and comprehensive guide on Rwanda, 4 May 2011
F. Morselt (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
We have made a self-drive camping holidays to Uganda and Rwanda earlier this year, and used this Bradt Rwanda guidebook to plan and conduct our itinerary. By writing this guidebook, Philip Briggs has shown again that Bradt guides are among the best guidebooks to cover the African continent.
Philip writes knowledgeable and with enthousiasm even on small community based tourism activities.
Apart from the guidebook, we have found Philip's website where he archives updates and feedback from travellers very useful.
Very recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent guide to Rwanda, 3 Aug 2009
M. Knoben "Marieke" (Haarlem, Holland, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
Everything you need to know about National Parks, Towns and Lodging. Very useful were the GPS coordinates for i.e. hotels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb guidebook, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Rwanda (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
It is a good thing this guidebook is superb, as it is the only one currently available for Rwanda (bar a small section in Lonely Planet's East Africa guide). It includes a clear summary of Rwandan history including a good explanation of the genocide along with lots of useful practical information. The book should be used in conjunction with the free Bradt online forum where travelers post the latest changes in transport and accommodation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Updated guide, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Rwanda (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
This guide is always useful, and I was glad to have the latest edition on my recent visit to Rwanda. Unfortunately, as always, even this one is not fully up to date, so I'll go onto the web site and report changes that need to be made - a useful feature of the Bradt approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rwandan Travel, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Rwanda (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
Comprehensive, well-researched and well illustrated. I hope this proves as useful as it appears to be. I will know more after I have spent a year in Rwanda!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rwanda, 25 Dec 2012
This review is from: Rwanda (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
I bought this book for my friend whose daughter is currently working in Rwanda and she is finding it very useful.

Rwanda (Bradt Travel Guides)
Rwanda (Bradt Travel Guides) by Philip Briggs (Paperback - 26 Nov 2012)
11.89