5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice for Borneo
Published on 23 Feb 2011 by Dr Marc

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really tht much information
Not as full of information on the locations as previous Bradt guides I have pruchased - rather disappointed to be honest. I have booked a tour and wanted to know about the locations, all it has is a very brief mention of them.
Published 13 months ago by BigMax

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent choice for Borneo, 23 Feb 2011
I had never used a Bradt travel guide before but decided to use one for my trip to Borneo. I was very impressed. I especially like the section on practical information which answered all my questions before I left. I also liked the section on natural history which was pitched at the right level for my needs- not too specialist but not too superficial either. Bradt will now be my first choice next time I need a good guidebook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Borneo, Bradt Travel Guide, 16 May 2009
Mr. Gilbert Price "redghillie" (aberfeldy, scotland) - See all my reviews
Excellent information. Well laid out. Simple straightforward explanations written in plain English. Good for first time visitor to Borneo

5.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction!, 28 May 2012
A good guide to Borneo which is ideal background for those planning a first visit. The section on Sabah is more detailed than that on Sarawak (perhaps reflecting the author's preference?) but I have enjoyed reading the book and learning more about this fascinating area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Informative and easy to read., 30 Oct 2011
I've just returned from Borneo and this quide included everywhere I visited. It includes loads of photo's and background about the Malaysian and Brunei parts of Borneo. Very informative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 9 Jan 2014
Margit Linnebjerg (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Borneo: Sabah Sarawak Brunei (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
Many fine descriptions - nice to have guide and together with Lonely planet guide it fill most requirements. Havent gone yet - but hope we are as pleased when we get back

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really tht much information, 8 Sep 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Naturalists versus beach lovers, 23 July 2009
Richard Cox "20th Century Cox" (Antwerp, Belgium) - See all my reviews
By far the best part of this highly readable guide book is the section on natural history, including the descriptions of areas and places that are relevant for naturalists and birdwatchers alike. But regarding the book as a whole, it becomes too often obvious the author is Australian, in the sense that too much attention is given to beaches and local culture. These subjects may trigger Australian visitors to pack their swimming gear, but in my opinion few European visitors (and most likely Americans too) will travel all the way to Malaysian Borneo for culture and beach. Of course, I understand a guide book must contain information on different fields of interest, but I expected this edition to be more a naturalist guide book than it actually is - particularly when I compare it to other books in this series. To Australian ears, it may sound stupid but here in Europe, both guided tours and independent travellers focus on birds and wildlife for a trip to Borneo and much less on discovering the coral reefs (of which I am convinced they are in a league of its own) - and certainly not on exploring the rural markets! Anyway, if you need a guide book on the areas covered, buy this one as it is still the best available.

Borneo: Sabah Sarawak Brunei (Bradt Travel Guides)
Borneo: Sabah Sarawak Brunei (Bradt Travel Guides) by Tamara Thiessen (Paperback - 21 May 2012)