5.0 out of 5 stars Totally makes you re-evaluate your vision of Lapland!
Published on 2 Nov 2008 by threefindouters

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
The book gives quite a lot of detail and is well written, but not much use for where I specifically went.
Published 19 months ago by louw2820

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally makes you re-evaluate your vision of Lapland!, 2 Nov 2008
A fantastically well written and informative book, with a great section on the history of Lapland. However, it made me realise that Lapland is not as magical as I once thought! It seems to be a country for the rich, a bottomless pit of money is needed to enjoy all that is on offer and the Icehotel seems to be the biggest rip off going and totally changed my whole perspective of it :( Also as with Australia and the Aborigines, the Sami of Lapland don't seem to have faired much better and probably don't see a penny of all the money from the exploitation of their home. Certainly changed my mind about wanting to visit! Well worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lapland Book, 1 Jan 2011
Great book, very useful. Shame the airport & tour operator lashed up with the snow & I didnt get to go to Lapland. I am sure it will serve my family & I well when we go next Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lapland (Bradt) Travel Guides, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Lapland (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
I chose this book because I wanted a book solely on Lapland, and I am pleased to say this book is excellent.
It is concise, but gives me all the information I need - and much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lapland (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
I ordered this for my xmas holiday in Lapland and it was very interesting to read. Easy to dip into and it had lots of useful information.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lapland, 23 April 2012
P. Smillie (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lapland (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
The book is easily read with some useful suggestions. We used it whilst staying in Finnish Lapand and stayed in Saariselka.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best guide to Lapland, 14 Feb 2008
L. Price (London) - See all my reviews
This guidebook is really superb. Not only is it the only English language travel guide to Lapland but it's written by someone who clearly knows this part of Europe like the back of his hand. I used it on my recent trip to Lapland and found its coverage unparalleled. The town accounts including great maps and the list of activities were extremely thorough. The author has done a fantastic job on drawing the different regions of Lapland together and presenting them in a thoroughly engaging manner. If you're going to Lapland, be it Swedish, Finnish or Norwegian, this extremely readable guide from Bradt is a must. Don't leave home without it.

2.0 out of 5 stars It did not cover the area I went to, 20 Feb 2013
This review is from: Lapland (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
Did not take it with me..... It did not include anything other than minimal information on the area I visited.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lapland (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)

Lapland (Bradt Travel Guides)
Lapland (Bradt Travel Guides) by James Proctor (Paperback - 15 Oct 2011)
11.19