5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - the envy of all other passengers on our boat
Took this book with us on our recent trip to Ecuador and the Galapagos. Really useful, packed with loads of background natural history info & great pictures, and helped us get far more out of our trip than we would have otherwise. Detailed information about all the landing sites. The book came home very battered as every passenger on the boat used it daily!
Published on 28 Sept. 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Collins one
I bought this to accompany me on a Galapagos cruise, my mother-in-law bought the Collins Galapagos Wildlife guide. On the cruise although mine was perfectly ok, we both without fail turned to hers in preference. I think that says it all.
Published on 22 Nov. 2008 by Frogvet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book - the envy of all other passengers on our boat, 28 Sept. 2000
By A Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Travel Size Galapagos, 17 Jan. 2000
This relatively small book on the wildlife of the Galapagos Islands is packed with information and pictures. The author has gone to a great deal of trouble to condense a vast amount of data into a handbook for the traveller, without sacrificing essential information, clarity or accuracy. Not only does it cover the wildlife that the visitor is most likely to encounter, it also gives a succinct history of the islands. Working in the Galapagos Travel Industry, and having considered many similar books for pre-trip briefing and ready reference while in the islands, this is the book I would recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the Collins one, 22 Nov. 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 12 Jun. 2009
Definitely the most authoritative and up-to-date guide to the Galapagos Islands, written by licensed Galapagos naturalist guides. Descriptions of the wildlife have just the right amount of interesting and factual information and there is a very useful section on visitor sites and island landings as well as one on conservation. And - a major plus - a convenient size to pack. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars galapagos, 2 Oct. 2010
A useful guide for visitors to the islands and the armchair tourist
Following an introduction which deals with geology,climate and history the book has 10 sections covering habitats,plants, invertebrates,reptiles,birds,mammals,the seashore,underwater,landing sites and conservation.Each part is well written and easily read.
The maps and most pictures are good but too many illustrations are too small and badly exposed.The glossary is adequate,the further reading and index sections but printed in such small type make them difficult to read without a magnifying glass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Galapagos Wildlife, 23 Sept. 2009
R. B. Field (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent book. It was the reference on the cruise boat and many of the pictures and commentaries relate to sites that would be visited on a Galapagos Cruise. It is also a fraction of the price you will pay in the islands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Galapagos Wildlife Book, 21 Feb. 2009
Denise Pearson (Poole, UK) - See all my reviews
Just ben to Galapagos and this book very accurately portrays the wildlife there. Arrived in good condition and on time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, informative book, 18 Nov. 2011
D. Roberts "DRoberts" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galápagos Wildlife (Bradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides)) (Paperback)
This book is really useful as it details the landing sites for all the islands you could visit. Great description of the islands and animals, has really helped me plan my trip and will be taking this book with me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Galapagos wildlife, 25 April 2013
Another great book published by Bradt.
It is packed with useful information about the Islands and the wild life that can be found on each of the Islands.
Some great Photographs as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 25 April 2010
going to Galapagos later this year and this book is exactly what I needed.
detailed walks and descriptions of islands plus great photographs.

Galápagos Wildlife (Bradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides))
Galápagos Wildlife (Bradt Travel Guides (Wildlife Guides)) by Pete Oxford (Paperback - 8 Aug. 2011)