5.0 out of 5 stars Don't go to Burkina Faso without it., 7 Sep 2006
Mark Jackson (Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso) - See all my reviews
I live in Burkina Faso and this book has tons more information than any other English-language guidebook on the country and seems to be more comprehensive than any French-language ones too. Days after receiving the book, I used it to plan and execute a very successful trip to the far north-east of the country. All of the practical information about where to stay and eat was spot-on. The maps of towns and regions were also very useful. I spent a night at a beautiful desert campsite, 30 kilometers from the nearest dirt road, and run by friendly Tuareg tribesmen because of this book. I'd be delighted with this guidebook even if there was nothing more to it. However, it also has the distinction of being extremely well written and interesting - be it concerning local transportation, customs, history, languages, etc. I enjoyed this book so much that when I recently visited Dogon country in Mali and met a group of Spanish tourists heading for Burkina Faso, I gave them my copy. When I got home, I ordered two more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely the best guide book for Burkina Faso, 5 Oct 2006
I went to Burkina Faso this summer and would have been lost without this book! It's a fantastic guide book, and although the first in English is definitely better than any of the French guide books I had on the country. It was in-depth and gave lots of useful advice.

I really would not go to BF without it, it made the whole trip that much more worthwhile.

It sounds rather gushing, but this really is the best book out there for Burkina.

I just hope that those using it in BF have as an enriching trip as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful book, 20 Nov 2013
This review is from: Burkina Faso (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
i find this book is very helpful in preparing a trip to Burkina Faso. I can just agree with the previous reviewers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful guide., 21 May 2013
This review is from: Burkina Faso (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
I bought this book as a gift for someone who was about to go to live and work in Burkino faso. He was very pleased with his gift because he had been just about to buy it himself.
He had been researching which guide book to buy and had decided on this one. I had done similar research and we'd both arrived at the same conclusion. Great wee book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant travel guide for Burkina, 4 Jan 2013
This review is from: Burkina Faso (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
This book is a brilliant, thorough travel guide for Burkina Faso. We went for a 3 week holiday and found a lot of good information for sightseeing as well as background information on the country and its people in this travel guide.

4.0 out of 5 stars Red dust and rainbows., 19 May 2011
There are not many travel guides specific to this beautiful country and this is still undoubtedly the best. Out of print for the moment, so perhaps a few tweaks need to be made to reflect the current economy and political arena, but that doesn't detract from the fact that this is an excellent overview of sights not to be missed,what to expect from BF and where to eat, brought together in a real appreciation of the warmth annd friendliness of the Burkinabe people.Most bases are covered,including the goats on the bus roof and the crocodiles that cluster around to be fed in the same way that pigeons gather in Trafalgar Square.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only guide worth getting, 5 Sep 2006
This is the only really useful English language guide to Burkina Faso and should be standard issue for anyone coming here. Their attention to detail is mind-boggling. Even for someone who has already lived in Burkina for nearly two years, I've learned a lot from their writing.

Burkina Faso (Bradt Travel Guides)
Burkina Faso (Bradt Travel Guides) by James Knight (Paperback - 31 Oct 2011)