5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable if travelling to Uganda
I went to Uganda October/November 2003 and found this guide to be completely up to date. I was armed with both the Bradt Guide and Lonely Planet East Africa Guide and there is really no comparison - the Bradt edition is a real must for anyone going to Uganda - be it for a back packer or safari traveller. The information about wildlife, travel, roads and particularly...
Published on 7 Nov 2003 by Ray Wright

2.0 out of 5 stars Very out of date....get the new one.
Published 12 months ago by K_eds

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive guide to Uganda, 9 Nov 2009
I found this invaluable for information on just about anything I wanted to know on a recent trip to Uganda. My only negative comment would be that, since Uganda is changing and developing at such a rapid pace, a review of the guide is due. The most recent version (Issue 5)was last reviewed in 2007. However it remains the best guide to Uganda that is available.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very out of date....get the new one., 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Uganda (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
This review may seem very unfair considering that when buying the book we always knew it would be significantly out of date, however, we didn't have a lot of other choice. I found that the book contradicted almost all the information we received from local people. The lay out was extremely confusing....for example fort portal and surrounding areas didn't even vaguely represent the area or the relevant accommodation. Prices were out but that was not unexpected.

The book also suggests that one particular town called Katwe is "Perversely Charming"....well, as four women who are experienced travellers we have never felt more unnerved and uncomfortable in a place. We checked out one of the recommended accommodations (which as it turns out you wouldn't have let your dog stay there) and decided we would rather pull the car over on the side of the road and sleep there. Dangerous and misleading information. Hopefully this has been rectified in the new book.

We did have an old copy of the Lonely Planet East Africa guide included in our car, which by no means had the detail of this book but it did seem to include a lot of other interesting things to do other than wildlife viewing which I think this book is very focused on.

It is unfortunate that no other guides exist. Take the new copy with you, check the updates on the internet, talk to locals and other travellers, and by no means rely on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dull, 10 Jun 2013
This review is from: Uganda (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
Very few books are available on Uganda so I bought this one. OK and did it's job but a bit dull.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Uganda (Bradt Travel Guides)
Uganda (Bradt Travel Guides) by Philip Briggs (Paperback - 20 Mar 2010)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available