4.0 out of 5 stars Great guide for the right trip, 10 Jan. 2004
There aren't many books that hold so much information about Zambia. If you're going to spend any time there this book is likely to be one of your first reads.
It's specifically aimed at Zambia and passionate about the place. Other more general books tend to bypass the country a little in favour of its more famous neighbours. This gives you plenty of inside knowledge about safari related trips and lots of off the beaten track know how.There is excellent knowledge on the national parks including the less popular and less well known in Zambia, information which is hard to find elsewhere.
I would recommend this book mainly to safari seekers, those on package tours, looking for good lodges, or those with their own transport. It's not so specialised for independant travellers on a budget, although many may still find it of interest.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Practical Book, 24 May 2008
S. J. Eustace "Stevo" (Rotterdam, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
I have given this book 4 stars as I had my own personal guide in Zambia.
This meant that the book was missing some information. However, the the
practical information was very very useful, in terms of health and social
tips as well as the usual tourist tip offs.

I consider this book a very good investment, do please read BEFORE travelling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Book is essential for visiting out-of-the-way places by road, 3 Aug. 2000
By A Customer
The book is excellent because it covers parts of Zambia that are not covered by other such books, and in sufficient detail too. During our trip in July 2000, the book was an integral part of our holiday for planning and looking for campsites. Prices were up to date, and road conditions and directions were accurate enough. Another guide book we took with us turned out to be useless. The additional info on such things as to where to get bread in the smaller towns is a nice touch! The book is thoroughly recommended if you intend travelling in your own vehicle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phantastic new edition!!!, 23 Jan. 2012
I waited anxiously the day the 5th edition of Chris McIntyre's guide on Zambia would be available, as I am planning a longer trip to Southern African countries. And right I was, because this new edition takes fully into account the changes that have occurred in these last years, with detailed information on what has been planned and implemented until 2011. Packed with useful and detailed information, McIntyre has written, or better: updated, this edition with much heart and dedication. For instance, the description of many lodges is as detailed as it gets. I will choose this one guide for my travel in Zambia, preferring it over other sin other languages I have. Another useful tool by Bradt and Chris McIntyre especially, together with the other guides on neighboring countries (Namibia and Botswana) he has written.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best travel guide I have ever read, 26 Aug. 2013
An extremely comprehensive, well written guide which provides essential information, guidance, cultural history and imparts the visitor with an excellent background knowledge of Zambia. As a frequent traveller, I found this to be the best travel guide which I have ever read. It maintains the high standard set by Bradt Travel guides and is thoroughly recommended for anyone who is interested in learning about Zambia and invaluable to potential travellers to the region.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Mar. 2013
This is the best travel guide on Zambia which I have seen. Whether you are a tourist or a Zambian, you will definately find it very informative and helpful! I love the info on local national monuments and history, as well as lodges. We always carry it along when we drive around Zambia, and it keeps us entertained!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone ..., 19 Nov. 2014
Absolutely brilliant. I would thoroughly recommend this book to anyone thinking of taking a holiday in Zambia. My dad who lived in Zambia for 15 years back in the 60's and 70's was so impressed with this book he couldn't stop reading it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Zambia in Detail, 15 Feb. 2013
It was very topical and conclusive. The detail and pictures were very extensive. I would recommend this book to anybody travelling to Zambia for the first time. I have visited Zambia approximately 10 times so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for travelling to Zambia, 3 Feb. 2003
D. J. Burton (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is the best guide out there for travelling around zambia. It contains information for every place you could want to visit, and even some of the local lingo for the more adventurous. I was involved in an expedition canoeing the upper section of the Zambezi river, and found hundreds of tips that were invaluable to me when planning for the trip. It is possibly a little out of date now due to the unrest in neighbouring countries, but if that is accounted for then I don't think you will find a better book for Zambia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 10 Feb. 2014
Bought this as a present for a friend before they went to Zambia.
She was delighted with it and said that the advice in it was great.
Good value and good packaging.

Zambia (Bradt Travel Guides)
Zambia (Bradt Travel Guides) by Chris Mcintyre (Paperback - 15 Feb. 2008)
Used & New from: £0.01