on 19 January 2003
The guide not only contains useful information - lists, prices, phone numbers - but is also very readable, giving the reader an interesting insight into the islands, their history and more importantly the people. There are comprehensive lists for everything - hotels, restarants, car hire, dive and snorkel shops, beaches and more. I found the maps and directions accurate, and there are also some beautiful photos. Whether you're going for a break, a honeymoon or a serious diving holiday I'd reccomend this book.
on 8 November 2003
As guidebooks go, this one has it all – detailed background to the three islands that make up the Caymans (Grand Cayman, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac), details of all the sites to see (there aren’t that many), useful tips for travel and accomodation and lots of information about snorkelling, something the Caymans is renowned for.
There isn’t a great deal of competition to this book as far as I can tell; there’s not a great deal of books about the Caymans, but this tells you everything you need and leaves you with no nasty surprises. The restaurant recommendations are quite extensive (actually I’m sure there’s more described in the book than actually exist on the island but these are things that do rapidly change anyway).
Definitely recommended to plan a trip as well as enjoying it whilst you’re there.
on 12 August 2011
We needed a good guide book to be able to enjoy a holiday to The Cayman Islands. I ordered it rather late in the day but it arrived promptly. It was well illustrated and very informative. We found it a useful book, easy to use, not too big so you could carry it around.We found places we had missed the first time and very good restaurants and shopping tips. An excellent book.
on 16 June 2015
Read book and put me off going. Never went.