5.0 out of 5 stars The most comprehensive guide on Northern Botswana to date!
Published on 4 July 2003 by Paal Skjetne

3.0 out of 5 stars Botsana (Bradt Travel Guide), Good in Parts
Published on 15 Mar. 2006 by B. Quilliam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The most comprehensive guide on Northern Botswana to date!, 4 July 2003
Paal Skjetne (Trondheim Norway) - See all my reviews
I’ve been waiting for this book for a long time!! None of the other guides on the area even comes close. It is the most detailed guide I’ve read on the Okavango, Chobe, Makgadikgadi, and the northern Kalahari. In my view the information seems to be very up-to-date (which is not true for Bradts second edition on Namibia!). This book is suitable for people going on an organized safari (I envy them their $'s and the luxury that awaits them :-) ), and those planning an independent self-drive. The maps are good, and a number of useful GPS coordinates are included. The descriptions of off some of the beaten track sites that I have visited are very accurate. If you are a self-drive tourist you might want to look at Mike Mains: "African Adventurer's Guide to Botswana". It has many trails that are more detailed in the same region, but lacks the overview given in this guide describing the many concession areas surrounding the Okavango. The book also includes a very useful section on Livingstone in Zambia, telling you how to get the most out of your visit to the famed Victoria Falls. What do I miss? Talking to Elein Drotsky, she mentioned that here sisters company could arrange boat trips from Shakawe to Maun, water levels permitting. There is no mention of this or any other such service in the book, guess I'll have to do some digging on that one myself. All in all, your $’s, £’s, €’s or Rand’s will be well spent on this guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Essential, 1 May 2009
This review is from: Botswana: Okavango Delta· Chobe· Northern Kalahari (Bradt Travel Guides) (Paperback)
Bradt Travel Guides have done it again! Their latest entry in their increasingly wonderful catalogue, the Botswana Travel Guide, represents another great example of how a travel guide should be: detailed, informative and exhaustive. By using almost exclusively their Botswana guide I was able to plan my self-driving trip down to the last detail. Botswana is not an easy Country to explore on your own steam, but with the help of the Bradt travel guide I was able to reach even the most remote and inaccessible areas as the guide has easy to read maps and gives precise directions, even offering GPS coordinates. Anyone considering a trip to the northern part of this breathtaking country (in particular the Okavango Delta, the Chobe National Park, the Moremi Game Reserve, the Great Salt Pans, the Central Kalahari Game Reserve and the Tsodilo Hills) look no further: the Bradt Travel Guide to Botswana is the only guidebook you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, informative and up to date, 24 Feb. 2004
P. Buckley - See all my reviews
To confirm what the other reviwer said, this guide is up to date, friendly and helpful. Has important information missing from the Lonely Planet guide, including excellent details on travelling between towns, road conditions, directions, GPS co-ordinates etc - all of which are missing from LP. Furthermore, of the telephone numbers I tried, these ones worked and LP's didn't.
In sum, this is a sizeable book with the level of detail you need.
Note that this guide only deals with Northern Botswana, ie there is nothing on Gabarone here.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one and only guide you will need, 14 May 2009
Put simply, this guide has all the info you will ever need.

Thorough, concise, well written, this is the best travel guide out there from the best series of guides.

This informative guide is well worth the money and will save you time, hastle and allows you to stay one step ahead. They're even endorsed by Michael Palin for crying out loud!

A good guide, well worth the money and far better than othr guides.

3.0 out of 5 stars Botsana (Bradt Travel Guide), Good in Parts, 15 Mar. 2006
B. Quilliam (knutsford, cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Very informative on history and culture of Botswana and general advice for visitors. However the big failing of this book is that it only appears to cover half of the country in detail. For instace, because of an impending visit I was interested in the Tuli area and the Mashata Nature Reserve. Information about this area was completely absent from the book. Places that I am visiting e.g. Fort Jameson,Majale river, Jwala River, Motloutse River,Pitsani River are not mentioned.
The book is good as far as it goes, but unfortunately is not a copmplete guide to Botswana

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, accurate guide, 25 Jun. 2012
Mrs. S. Nicholson (UK) - See all my reviews
We've been to Botswana before but wanted an update on camps etc. We could already verify a lot of the useful information in the guide from our personal experience and so we felt able to trust the bits we weren't familiar with. This guide is clearly written by someone who knows the country really well. His Zambia guide is equaly accurate and useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight into a wonderful country, 4 Jun. 2014
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This Guide from Bradt was field tested on our trip to Botswana. Although we went on a guided trip this guide is also sufficiently detailed that if you are planning your own adventure it will be invaluable. It is packed full of information, useful hints, maps and illustrations - it feels as though Chris McIntyre has a genuinely intimate knowledge of the region. The staff at the lodge where we were staying also commended this guide.

In the field we found the guide easy to use and accurate with lots of good practical tips that helped us get more out of our trip. We certainly felt we chose the right guidebook in this Bradt Guide. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Know where to go in Botswana, 5 May 2011
I liked this guide as it explained which wildlife I could see in different areas as well as describing different landscapes. It will enable me to arrange a visit to Botswana and not miss out on areas neglected by the holiday companies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bradt safari Guide to Botswana, 5 Aug. 2009
An excellent guide book which sets a standard which others struggle to follow. This is by far the most authoritative guide to Botswana that I have seen. If there is one guide book that DIY travellers should get it is this one

5.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent guide to Botswana, 31 Aug. 2010
I bought 2 guides to Botswana as we were doing an overland tour. After a few days, I put the other one away and used this. It is very comprehensive and up to date. A real must if you are traveling in this region.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Botswana: Okavango Delta· Chobe· Northern Kalahari (Bradt Travel Guides)
Used & New from: £0.49