Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 August 2011
Being a huge fan of Stornoway Black Pudding itself, this is like my little black pudding bible. Great recipes, tasty and incredibly easy to follow. The only black pudding I would use to substitute Stornoway would be Aultbea Black Pudding, nothing else will do the job!
on 17 January 2016
Went with the black pudding purchased just before Christmas and added to the Christmas present! Insoired men to do the breakfast on Boxing Day so great purchase and very efficient service arrived in less time than forecast! Excellent little book for balck pudding eaters!
on 21 September 2014
On a recent visit to Scotland I was introduced to this delicacy and the recipe book. A life long black pudding eater, Stornoway's is softer and spicier than those south of the border or the French version. I look forward to using the recipes but fear I may have to use English ingredient. The recipes look great. Cannot wait to cook and sample.
on 26 February 2014
Stornoway black pudding is heaven on its own, and served in many top class restaurants in this area, so some of the recipes were already familiar, eg black pudding and bacon salad, a local favourite . I already have tried black pudding with mushrooms, but never thought to add garlic, so tried it with smoked garlic - an improvement. The recipe for potato scones with black pudding is better than just frying them together.

I would welcome the addition of a recipe for black pudding and polenta, the nearest thing being the one for corn bread, though I would omit the tabasco sauce - it would mask the delicate flavour of the black pudding.
on 13 August 2015
Great ideas for black pudding, however , after years of buying Stornoway black pudding I have discovered Simon Howies black pudding. I now opt for this as although it tastes slightly different, in my opinion I think it is on a par with the more famous Stornoway. It is not as greasy, and at under £4 per kilo at the butchers counter in my local Morrisons I think it will be,( apart from food snobs ) the choice for a lot of people. This book has contributed greatly to my buying more black pudding than ever.
on 22 January 2012
Our neighbour has sworn by stornoway black pudding for years, so he was really pleased to receive this very informative little book about its history and recipes.
Bought this for a friend who presented me with half a Stornoway Black Pudding - she will love this book as part of her birthday present.
on 28 April 2016
Book turned up like it was second hand. It was a present nod too late to send back . I wasn't very happy.
on 14 July 2014
If you are in to Stornoway black pudding this is the book for you. Great, easy receipts.
on 15 July 2015
this is an eye opener...It makes a superb starter and always gets great compliments...