4.0 out of 5 stars A Big Improvement
Published on 14 Feb. 2011 by C. Mcleod

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Hardcover - Misleading description
Well it wasn't hardcover, despite the description & looks like the one that comes with the battle game rather than the actual
rulebook. It's more of the abridged rules. My real objection is the description of 'hardcover' which is misleading.
Published 11 months ago by Giles T Anderson

4.0 out of 5 stars A Big Improvement, 14 Feb. 2011
C. Mcleod (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (Hardcover)
I bought this a few days ago out of nostalgia (I last played the 2nd Edition, back when I was about 12), but once I started reading the rule book I absolutely devoured it. The game has improved so much over the years. I no longer play, but relating the new rules to how I remember the game being played it seems everything has been streamlined and clarified for common sense.

Beyond the rules is a large and detailed "lore" section, giving the background to the game setting and providing a flavour of the various races (see the respective Codex army books for more depth). The various aspects of the Imperium of Man receive the most attention due to influence they have over much of the setting.

There is also a "hobby" section which is something I wish had existed in my old copy of the game. It provides a nice bit of inspiration for the painting/model making/collecting aspect of the game and gives a nice highlight to what for me was the most fun aspect of Warhammer 40,000.

One thing I did miss in this latest edition was the little narrative call-outs - the small snippets of stories set in the game world which were usually only a couple of hundred words at most. I used to love these as they often added a lot more dimension to the setting being crafted by the rules and game lore. So a star off for that, but otherwise a great update to a fantastic game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 April 2013
Mr. Jason H. Gould (uk) - See all my reviews
Great book. Just what i needed to check the rules with out hunting through a large book. Good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warhammer Rule Book, 26 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (Hardcover)
Good book for a serious warhammer player nice to find it on amazon cheeper than in the shops my son is very happy with it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Warhammer 40k rule book 5th Edition, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (Hardcover)
This is a absolute steal! Not only was it cheaper than the retail price with postage and package included, but it turned up in top condition wrapped lovingly to make sure no scratches scorn across the surface during transit. And while it did take the average time to deliver, it was well worth the wait!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Hardcover - Misleading description, 19 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars A mistake by me, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (Hardcover)
Book ok but out of date, I shouldn't have been a cheapskate and should have bought the latest model but it is £47!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Old version, 9 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook (Hardcover)
Old version that you can no longer use. Mostly wasted money but read it for interest anyway.

Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook
Warhammer 40,000 Rulebook by Games Workshop (Hardcover - 31 July 2008)
Used & New from: £6.01