5.0 out of 5 stars The Story Continues... Brilliantly Well
Perhaps despite myself, I was a huge fan of the first book in this series. No FTL travel? Humanity stuck in the home system? It all just seemed a bit, well... parochial. More 'space soap' than 'space opera'. But then I actually read it and it wasn't parochial at all - it was genius. Believable characters, interesting plot, snappy dialogue, and everything coming together...
Published on 18 Aug. 2012 by Hopester

3.0 out of 5 stars good fun to read but not very deep or challenging
More adventures with Holden and crew, good fun to read but not very deep or challenging. This isn't ground breaking SciFi.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent addition, 8 April 2013
This is a brilliant addition to the Expanse Series. After reading the first book, I was sure I would love this one too.
Development on the characters from 'Leviathan Wakes - Leviathan Wakes: Book One of the Expanse series' continues brilliantly and the new characters are an excellent addition.
If you enjoyed the first book, you're bound to love this one too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Mar. 2013
Thoroughly enjoyable story that flows from start to finish. Impossible to put down. I highly recommend this trilogy! I for one cannot wait for the conclusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 6 Mar. 2013
N. Doyle (Aylesbury, England) - See all my reviews
This won't be a very in-depth review. I'm not a book critic but I know what I like. I love my sci-fi to have a certain depth and complexity. I adore Peter F. Hamilton, Alastair Reynolds and authors in that stratum. I think Mr. Corey is up there too. The book follows on from the first, not too directly so I guess you could read it alone but the first one is excellent too! After a bit of a slow start, this kicks up a couple of gears fairly quickly. I raced through it pretty quickly and cannot wait for the third one. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Mar. 2013
Dr. J. Harris "Jim Harris" (Ampthill, UK) - See all my reviews
Fast paced plausible science superb plotting. Hard science space opera at its best. Looking forward to the final instalment now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't wait for the third volume, 23 Nov. 2012
First class reading. Just the sort of SF that appeals with ideas, extrapolation and real personalities. Quite a lot of techno but kept within (slightly elastic) parameters. Brilliant on the view of solar system colonisation being quite possible but always - always - on the edge of complete disaster.

4.0 out of 5 stars He actually chose this book after reading the reviews and though it would be an interesting and good book to have, 21 July 2014
I bought this as a gift for my husband who reads a lot. He actually chose this book after reading the reviews and though it would be an interesting and good book to have. He has not read the entire book yet but so far he is contented with his present and i know he would enjoy reading it. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 15 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Caliban's War: Book 2 of the Expanse (Paperback)
I was surprised by the last book, enojoying it far more than I expected. This book is much the same, with my only criticism being again we have one overly annoying character (here its Prax) and the overall story is a little too close to the last one. Despite that its top notch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Oct. 2014
I think I read these books years ago but it's all vague. However reading them now is a great experience. It's a really good mix of believable science with some exotic elements thrown in for fun. The story rocks along and I have already bought the next in the series

5.0 out of 5 stars Space opera, 26 Oct. 2013
I loved the second installment to Leviathan Wakes. I've never been so engrossed in a book before and read the whole thing over the course of a weekend. When i get another break from work i shall be buying the third installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not quite Arthur C or Asimov or Philip KD, but a good yarn with feasible physics, 1 Aug. 2013
Surprised me. Read Vol1 first.
Writing & characterisation good, plot consistent and carries you.
I've bought Vol 3 for next holiday rewind.

Will be interested where he goes from here. A dearth of other talent these days!

‹ Previous | 15 6 710 | Next ›

Caliban's War: Book 2 of the Expanse
Caliban's War: Book 2 of the Expanse by James S. A. Corey (Paperback - 7 Jun. 2012)
Used & New from: £0.78