5.0 out of 5 stars Terry Brooks is the master of fantasy.
I came to read my first Terry Brooks book, when a friend at work loaned me Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold. For my then young daughter. My daughter did not bother to read it, so I did. I was hooked I have read every book he has written and am always impatiently waiting for the next volume to appear. Following on from the Shannara books, Terry writes in sets of three, each...
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars and frankly enraptured to find ' Armagedon's children's following on (frankly Mr Brooks best works I believe)
Been a Terry Brooks fan since his first outing with 'S word of Shannara', but I had enough now of the same old, same old.
I was enthralled through the 'Word and the void' series, and frankly enraptured to find ' Armagedon's children's following on (frankly Mr Brooks best works I believe).
So sorry, whilst Terry seems to be writing for his publishes pocket book,...
Published 6 months ago by Martin O'Rourke

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic ... A really well thought out fantasy read!, 10 Aug. 2014
As with all the Terry Brooks I've read, this one links in so well with the rest of the series, you can only wonder at the imagination and structured story telling of the writer; however the books also stand equally well alone, again a testament to Terry Brooks. The descriptive passages really draw you into the story and you want to read more to find out what happens next!
Fantastic ... A really well thought out fantasy read!

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical Brooks., 26 Aug. 2014
It was a very typical Brooks book. With the obligatory "cute" creature (can he ever be forgiven for Jar Jar Binks?). I bought this and the other books in the series because I have always been a fan of the Shannara stories. However, this one ended predictably and disappointingly. Having said that, Brooks has left an opening for a new story to begin.
Not his best work. But not his worst either.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara (Paperback)
Compared to Terry Brooks earlier works which I have loved and enjoyed immensely the latter works lack a warmth of character and I feel I have not connected with the main characters in the books. There is a slight lack of humour although I do love the dark intense story lines. Not as good as the sword of shannara earlier books for me !

3.0 out of 5 stars Setting the stage for book four?, 27 July 2013
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Poor old Witch Wraith didn't get to do much wraithing at all. In fact I am not sure why she was in the title seeing as her role turned out to be minor and underdeveloped. I for one would have liked to have seen her vent her anger and rage just a teensy bit more. Why have a bitter twisted old witch if you don't utilize the fact she has her own agenda.
I found the writing a little stilted and the storylines seemed to stray off on a tangent. Not quite the standard of work Brooks usually produces.
Another thing that didn't gel well for me was the almost YA like necessity of setting up couples. Let's snuggle and get it on. Not exactly on par with the rest of the complex fantasy plot.
Saying all that it is evident how intricate the worldbuilding is and how creative those worlds are, which is what makes Brooks such a popular writer.
This book does seem to go off in many directions at once and not all of those sub-plots are done and dusted at the end. I know some readers felt a lot of it was repetitive but I would offer up a slightly different opinion. I think this book suffers from a typical mid-series syndrome. It is an interim that has to be in place to lead on to the next book, from a plot or storyline perspective.
I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 July 2014
Absolutely fantastic end to the trilogy!! Brooks never disappoints!! Make sure you have plenty of tissues, it will break your heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 25 Jun. 2014
I always enjoy the escape these books provide. I find myself embroiled in the world and wanting it not to end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wishing it didn't have to end., 18 Jun. 2014
A fitting end to the series. I'd begun to wonder how it was all going to come together. It managed it well, though. A recommended read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of your seat, 8 Jun. 2014
Terry has managed again to create a world where you are emerged into the story and it's characters. The whole series keeps you reading until the early hours of the morning!
You work your way through all the emotions from excitement and fear to hope and disparate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a Good Story, 4 Jun. 2014
I have been reading Terry Brooks novels for many years, have read them all up to this point, and will continue to do so.

I think some of the criticisms evident in other reviews are probably accurate to a degree, but overall I still get enough enjoyment from reading his books to continue to purchase them.

This story concludes the Dark Legacy Trilogy and was a good ending to the book, I do hope however that we see in future books some return to this time to pursue what happens to the people who were returned to the forbidding.

I felt rather sorry for the Ulk Bog who did all she could to help and still got carted back to that rather unpleasant place, if that happened to me I would be very annoyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars another epic read by Terry Brooks, 18 May 2014
Jetski "Jet" (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
A lot happens in this book, but everything was woven together beautifully to end in a battle where good wins

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara
Witch Wraith: Book 3 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara by Terry Brooks (Paperback - 31 Dec. 2013)