4.0 out of 5 stars Wards of Faerie: The Dark Legacy of Shannara
I've been a long time fan of Terry Brooks ever since my Uncle introduced his books to me in 1987 but I think I have to partially agree with a lot of the other reviewers of this book in that it just didn't seem as in depth as his books normally are and I have struggled so far to actually like and sympathize with any of the characters despite Khyber Elessedil making a...
Published 21 months ago by S. Wilson

2.0 out of 5 stars So disappointing
I have read almost everything Brooks has written (the Star Wars Phantom Menace book is on the shelf but remains unread) and have enjoyed them for the most part, particularly the early works. Due to personal circumstances I haven't had the time to read for a while and was eager to read this book while on holiday.
What a disappointment. Within a few chapters I was...
Published 9 months ago by Solo Rider

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, 6 May 2013
Another excellent story from Terry that certainly kept me enthralled throughout.
I look forward to chapter 2, when I'm to be equally captivated.

5.0 out of 5 stars cant wait to read, 30 April 2013
This review is from: Wards of Faerie: Book 1 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara (Paperback)
cant wait to read this , having just reached the end of book jne I am disappointed that I need to wait to read the third one....and I need to make dinner!!!! It really is a fantastic lure, and no one should be surprised that terry is still a master crafter when it comes fantasy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terry does it once again, 25 April 2013
jack scoltock (derry) - See all my reviews
Terry brooks has been my favourite fantasy author since 1988.
I love all his books and wards of faerie prove he is still writing exciting stories, drawing believable and likable characters.
I can't wait for the second and the third price to come down so I can purchase for My kindle.
My soapbox-- I think that paying anything over 6 for a kindle edition of any writer is far too much.
Jack

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily immersed back into Shannara, 25 April 2013
I haven't read a Shannara book in a few years but found it so easy to get caught back up in the plight of characters who still have the depth of imagination as the very first Shannara book

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 17 April 2013
As usual Terry brooks writes the best stories, everything works everything flows, stories intermingle and you can see a history, and being able to read them on my kindle now is great as I am unable to hold normal books due to arthritus in my hands.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 April 2013
Mr. D. C. Read (UK) - See all my reviews
Love the book, not sure about the narrator, may grow on me in time. Enough of a review to make words up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Terry Brooks, 9 April 2013
Great read, can't wait for book 2 to arrive, current'ly reading high Druid books while I wait, bought all 3 books to keep me going

4.0 out of 5 stars classic terry brooks, 2 April 2013
terry brooks, shannara, nuff said .... excellent work as always from one of my all time favourite authors well worth the read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Back with a BANG!!, 28 Mar 2013
Terry's last series, Legends of Shannara, was, I felt, not up to his usual standards, and I began to wonder if he was either running out of ideas, or tiring of Shannara in general.
However, Wards of Faerie has completely shattered any doubts I may have had. This is Terry Brooks at the top of his form. Brilliant storyline, fantastic characterisation, and could possibly turn out to be his best series yet. Can't wait to read Bloodfire Quest.
Bring it on, Terry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Master of Fantasy, 21 Mar 2013
A friend gave me a Terry Brooks book to read a few years back, I have read everything he has published and enjoyed how he merged the Void series into the Shannara series, The books are like old friends easy to catch up on. Looking forward to book two.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

Wards of Faerie: Book 1 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara
Wards of Faerie: Book 1 of The Dark Legacy of Shannara by Terry Brooks (Paperback - 26 Feb 2013)
7.82