4.0 out of 5 stars The colours of magic
The author of the popular Night Angel trilogy of fantasy novels here launches a new trilogy. The lightbringer.

It runs for seven hundred and thirty five pages, and ninety eight chapters. There's a map of the land where the story takes place. And, being the first volume in a trilogy, it ends on a cliffhanger.

In the world of this story, magic is very...
Published on 1 Oct. 2011 by Paul Tapner

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite on par yet...
Earlier this year I read the `Night Angel Trilogy' by Brent Weeks. I have to say that it is one of the very best fantasy trilogies I have ever read. I felt things for those characters I have never felt before in a book - I really felt I knew them and cared about what happened to them. And that for me is rare. In addition to the lifelike characters, the story was...
Published on 1 Oct. 2010 by M. J. Aplin

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. I read it again first before reading ..., 25 April 2015
Great book. I read it again first before reading Book 2. Now got Book 3 and reading Books 1 & 2 prior to Book 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great imagination, a finely crafted world., 12 July 2014
Fantastic, loved the book from chapter 1. It is rare to find imagination so well woven into a thrilling story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A captivating read, 28 Nov. 2013
After reading the Night Angel books I had high hopes for this series - and I wasn't disappointed for a moment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great story, 1 Sept. 2013
Lovable characters, gripping story, couldn't put it down. It is a great read. Going to start the next one now

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 Aug. 2013
Even better than the Night Angel series, but still with the mega twists that slap you in the face every time

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 15 Jan. 2015
Complete and utter class from start to end. Read this book if it's the last thing you do. Epically good

5.0 out of 5 stars Initially I found this book hard to get in to ..., 25 Mar. 2015
Initially I found this book hard to get in to. However as it went went on, it was greater and greater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 3 May 2013
I real got in to the story and can't wait to read the next one to find out what happens next.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read with a well developed sense of "Magic", 25 May 2011
Mr. Thomas J. Ryder (Notts, UK) - See all my reviews
As a fan of the Night Angel Trilogy I picked this up as soon as it was out and proceeded to ignore my life until I finished. I'd say how long it took, but to be honest I have no idea as I was so engrossed in the story that hours would pass in a blink. Aside from the engaging story I would like to praise the fully developed magical aspect of the world. So many books fail to explain where magic comes from or how it interacts with the world or what the limitations are but like Jim Butcher (in the Dresden Files and Codex Alera) these concepts are clearly defined and well thought out leading to the reader intelligently imagining the possibilities for the uses of Luxin.

Oh, and the prison is genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as amazing as the Night Angel Trilogy, 17 Jan. 2012
C. K. Mclaughlin (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I read the Night Angel Trilogy years ago and it basically blew my mind. Based on that review I decided I had to read this book and I'm so happy that I did. This book can be a little hard to get into with such an unusual and perhaps complicated magic system and, what I found was, a vague beginning. I ploughed on nevertheless and was completely absorbed until the end. It seems to have more twists and turns than the Night Angel Trilogy (based on the numerous unanswered questions) and you can see Weeks has pushed himself to deliver another great trilogy that could perhaps surpass the success of his previous work.

I cannot wait until the next book is released.

‹ Previous | 17 8 912 | Next ›

The Black Prism: Book 1 of Lightbringer
The Black Prism: Book 1 of Lightbringer by Brent Weeks (Paperback - 1 Sept. 2011)