4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but, nonetheless, enjoyable

Published 19 months ago by louisemae

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but, nonetheless, enjoyable, 6 Aug. 2013
Ms. L. Saunders "White raven" (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
I was desperately waiting for Cold Steel to come out, after thoroughly enjoying the first two books in the series. I loved the character of Kat, as she is a strong, intelligent, witty heroine, a woman you could imagine being friends with. Therefore, I was quite disappointed to find that she became wet, over-dependent and accepting. Despite this, Bee seemed to develop and become like the original Kat, a woman of strength and character. I also absolutely loved Kat's brother, Rory, who provided the light relief and a welcome criticism of Kat's character changes. Nonetheless, I still thoroughly enjoyed the book and I found the climax to be thrilling.
As an aside, if you are a bit of a grammar nazi (like me) these are not the books for you; the proof-readers should never be employed again, as the punctuation and sentence separation is appalling! (Yes, I'm an English teacher!)
All-in-all, a satisfactory ending to the series but not a completely engrossing one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Padding, padding & more padding, 5 Aug. 2013
I enjoyed the first two books in this series, but found this one went nowhere for a good 45% percent of the book. If I'd read one more description of what clothes the "hero" was wearing I think I'd have screamed, it's a relief to know I never need to read the words "dash Jacket" again. The narrative just didn't move for large chunks of the story and I think the author would have done better to make the first two books longer and forgotten about the third. Nothing really happens till the last few chapters. Bit of a shame really as I don't normally get bored reading a book, but sadly with this one I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but slow read, 26 July 2013
I enjoyed the trilogy. But it's a very detailed world that the author has created, and by the time I read this third book, I had forgotten most of the details in the first two (I wish there was a plot summary of the first two books in this one...). The details were somewhat overwhelming at times (especially the endless details and discussions about clothes) and as a result the going was slow. Still, the characters were great, plot was interesting, I loved the prose and the ending was very satisfying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great book, 14 July 2013
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having loved the second book in the Spiritwalker series I really couldn't wait to get my hands on this the third book to continue the adventure in Kate's wonderful world. As with the previous offerings the characters are great, the title has some great twists and when added to a story that will keep the reader thoroughly happy all round makes this a great tale. Throw into the mix a wonderful romantic addition top notch pace and all round I was a more than happy reader. Great stuff.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too long and not her best, 24 Aug. 2013
K. Littlejohn "kenzo" (UK) - See all my reviews
Having enjoyed all of Kate's series' this book was disappointing. Firstly after a two year gap since the last a good summary of the past would have been good. On my Kindle the map was unreadable. There was too much meaningless guff about clothes and it was too long by 30%. When it was good it was very good.
I will no doubt buy her next series but will not start until they are all out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed the series but especially this one!, 28 July 2013
Thought the pace was good, I didn't feel it took too long for things to happen. Glad the ending wasn't too abrupt, things were set up to go on after the climatic events had passed. Really recommend this and the series in general! Also for a person who really hates cliche'd romance stories I really like the thread passed through this story. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 18 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Cold Steel: Spiritwalker: Book Three (Paperback)
As all previous books of Kate Elliott, this book continued in its pace and ended in a satisfying and good finish - as to my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars a really good fantasy story!!, 28 Aug. 2014
Action packed and fast paced. This book does not get boring. I could not put it down. I became so engrossed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Cold Steel: Spiritwalker: Book Three (Paperback)
Nicely inventive as usual, a little slow, second string for her but that's better than most!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 10 Nov. 2014
Can't remember this but must be good as gave it 5 stars!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Cold Steel: Spiritwalker: Book Three
Cold Steel: Spiritwalker: Book Three by Kate Elliott (Paperback - 3 Dec. 2013)