Format: Paperback|Change

on 2 April 2011
Ive read all the Mercy books and even have the prequal comic and even though i didn't love this book i still enjoyed it.
This bookn takes place on Mercy and Adams honeymoon and ofcourse it doesn't go to plan. What i really liked about this book was finding out about Mercy's history and Coyote!
The monster in the book wasn't that believable and the ending was okay but overall i really enjoyed the book and wish that Patricia Briggs would bring out more than 1 book a year because i don't want to wait till next year for the next book!!
on 2 June 2011
Unlike some other reviewers I wasn't at all let down by this book. I think it was well constructed in the context to the other books in the series and was important for the development of Mercy and Adam's characters. What was really noticeable was how much Brigg's has grown as a writer she is still prone to repeating information her reader should already know but it was allot less annoying than in early books and on the whole I am glad that I have stuck with the series. Looking forward to book 7.
on 24 March 2011
I love the Mercy Thompson, this book offers something different side of Mercy to look at. She is now a married women so thing are going to be slightly different. i started this book by looking at the last page to find it was a letter to Adam from Mercy saying goodbye! so i started the book thinking they would not get married or she would leave him. so i was thrilled they made it, thrilled she had the chance to find her roots so to speak. i liked this book it is not the best but still a good read.
on 6 December 2015
I totally love this series of books, so well written
on 18 November 2014
Loved every second, she never fails to deliver 😊
on 29 April 2011
Loved it and can't wait for the next one. Could not beleive it was no 6, feels more like no 4 or so, they go by too quick. And the characters keep developing. Great move to merge native american folklore/ myths and the supernatural.
on 21 September 2015
A great read if you like fantasy.
on 25 April 2011
I've read all of the Mercy Thompson series and this 1 was just as good as the rest. With a bit of luck I wont have to wait too long until the next one!
on 16 May 2011
I really enjoyed this book! I read some of the other more negative reviews before I tackled the book, and I expected it to be a bit of a chore to get through. Instead I was pleasantly surprised!

As a big fan of the other Mercy novels I didn't really know what to expect from this one, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, and found that the plot twists kept me interested and reading!

I'd agree with the other reviewers in as much as there isn't a lot of other character development in this book, it's predominantly based around Mercy and Adam and their relationship, but I don't personally see that as a bad thing! The break from the other characters allows them to move on, and without giving too much away, recover from things that may have affected them in the previous books, which means that the reader doesn't have to read about it in minute detail.

All in all this was an excellent addition to the Mercy Thompson novels, and one that I would recommend.

I'm now really looking forward to book 7 in this series!
on 30 November 2014