4.0 out of 5 stars The wolf and the man
Imagine if the werewolves were considering coming out of the fur coat closet, and held a conference to debate it.

It's a rather boring-sounding idea. But since Patricia Briggs is a truly brilliant urban-fantasy author, she is somehow able to spin straw into gold in the second full-length novel about the Omega werewolf Anna and her Alpha mate Charles. "Hunting...
Published on 25 Aug 2009 by E. A Solinas

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than original
After the hard time I had with the original tale in this series I decided to give the second novel a go as most of the ground work had been accomplished in the original and I was hoping to see how the characters would grow within their relationship. Whilst Mercy is more action driven, this series is more the emotional romantic aspect of the supernatural genre allowing...
Published on 4 Oct 2009 by Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog

4.0 out of 5 stars Briggs knows her werwolves., 4 Mar 2012
The Demon Librarian (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Hunting Ground: Alpha and Omega: Book 2 (Paperback)
Overall I preferred the plot for this book over that of book one, Cry Wolf. It had more interesting ancillary characters, more subplots weaved throughout and a really good whodunnit mystery for the main storyline.

I also enjoyed seeing the slow but sure progress Anna is making from the girl who was too frightened to be around anyone but Charles- and even that only when he was calm- to someone that's....actually kind of a badass!

Charles continues to be the epitome of the supportive mate. His characterization is quite subtle, but effective. At least where I am concerned. I think I may possibly be a teensy bit in love with him. Whoopsies!

We're not talking Adam Hauptman levels of awesomeness quite yet, but to be fair, this is only book two in this spin-off series, so he has time to catch up;)

I can't wait to read Fair Game which comes out in just two days. I'm all refreshed, ready and raring to go. Bring it on!

4 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing less than P. Briggs, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Hunting Ground: Alpha and Omega: Book 2 (Paperback)
I couldn't expect something less than an absolutely wonderfull book from P.Briggs. I've read all the Mercy Thomson books and the Alpha and Omega series is equally good. Anna is perhaps my favorit character in all the wolf series....Certainly a book worthy to read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Patty Briggs won't let you down, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Hunting Ground: Alpha and Omega: Book 2 (Paperback)
More of Charles and Anna and even more relationship growing which I'm still loving. The thing that confused me though was that the actual storyline from the blurb doesn't happen until the book is nearly finished. For ages I thought the blurb was wrong and the story wasn't going to happen until the next book. Chastel is the typical bad guy, you love to hate him and are very pleased when he dies.
I think all women secretly want a guy like Charles who's willing to do anything to protect you and loves you unconditionally. There's a particularly nice scene where Charles shows he's willing to submit to Anna to help her overcome her fear of Alphas and deal with her wolf being able to do things that she can't do on her own.
Can't wait for more Charles and Anna.

4.0 out of 5 stars much better second alpha and omega book, 15 Jun 2011
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
this second installment is much better than the first. the omega issue ws described in more detail (although i have a sneaky suspicion the author isn't that sure either). i enjoyed reading about a more stronger anna, however the whole brother wolf vs charles got a bit confusing sometimes. i thought the book gained more from the intro of many other characters as opposed to the first. all in all it was a good read and after reading all patricia briggs books i will def. be on the look out for new releases. highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 10 April 2011
I enjoyed this book and it's more of a 4.5 star book than a 4. The reason it has a middle rating is because the story was good and interesting but just not heart race exciting.
I love the relationship between Charles and Anna. Your heart aches for both of them, Charles with his fear of rejection and Anna with her fear of men. I think they show the more realistic side to romance and it's more enjoyable for it.
The story was really enjoyable with fae, wolves and vamps but like I mentioned, it didn't thrill me. It was a more sedate enjoyment. I guessed the baddies straight away which is a first for me, I usually have no idea till the last page. There was some mythology mentioned that fascinated me and I'm looking forward to the next book to see if that goes anywhere.
Altogether it was a good book and I hope the next book comes out soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant addition to what is becoming a really enjoyable series., 4 Sep 2010
I really enjoyed this book, much more than Cry Wolf. I love that we're getting to know Anna and Charles more and watching their relationship develop. Charles has always been such a mystery, so I really enjoyed discovering more about him through Anna. Anna's role as an omega is becoming clearer and I enjoyed watching her become more confident in herself and with Charles. Seeing Tom and Moira again was a huge bonus, as I'd really enjoyed their story in Strange Brew.

A brilliant addition to what is becoming a really enjoyable series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anna develops, 26 Aug 2010
This review is from: Hunting Ground: Alpha and Omega: Book 2 (Paperback)
Patricia Briggs really knows how to tell a story, and Hunting Ground is the 2nd book in what we can only hope is another long series, like the Mercy Thompson sequence. Starting with a novella when Charles rescues Anna, when she is forlorn and really beaten down, we now see her really starting to come into her own, and her relationship with Charles starting to develop.Completely stand-alone in terms of plot, it would still be helpful to have read the novella Alpha & Omega and the first book in the series, Cry Wolf. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and romantic and sweet, 28 Jun 2010
I read the first book of Alpha and Omega and was hooked, Hunting Ground is just as good.
I love the characters of Charles and Anna. Their love is new and sweet and very real considering the fantasy setting. The Marock is my hero!
The plot was interesting but it's the interplay of the characters and the delicious dialogue that makes me anticipate the 3rd book so much.
Not as overtly sexual as Brigg's other books and I think it works for it.
This book will be kept to be re-read over and over.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down, 16 Nov 2009
This review is from: Hunting Ground: Alpha and Omega: Book 2 (Paperback)
I loved this book, I could not put it down. It is about werewolves and is written mainly from the perspectives of Anna and Charles. Although books written from the perspectives of more than one person can sometimes be less enjoyable, this book works really well as does the 1st in the series, Cry Wolf. If you like werewolves that aren't always written as the bad guys then I would definitely recommend this book. I would suggest that you read Cry Wolf 1st though as some things in this book will make better sense. Patricia Briggs is an amazing author, I happen to love her Mercedes Thompson books as well, I would also recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 9 Oct 2009
BookwormVix (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Love, Love, LOVE this series. Couldn't put it down, Anna is a great Character to get to know as well as Charles.

Hunting Ground: Alpha and Omega: Book 2
Hunting Ground: Alpha and Omega: Book 2 by Patricia Briggs (Paperback - 1 Oct 2009)
5.24