5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!- There are obviously more books to come
I felt I had to write this review, as when I purchased this for my Kindle there was only one review...so scathing it almost put me off.

Published on 26 Feb 2012 by J. L. Ashurst

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
I've waited for this book for months, but I found it very disappointing. The story lines stagger on unconvincingly, little is resolved - just a filler in the series. Compared with the third book in the Paks series (Oath of Gold), this third book in the follow-on series is poor. Detailed comments follow, but you have to know what went before.
King Kieri get...
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by Kevin Wallis

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!- There are obviously more books to come, 26 Feb 2012
J. L. Ashurst (Crewe, U.K.) - See all my reviews

This book is mid series, not a series climax, which seems to be what my illustrious fellow reader is most miffed about. All these unresolved plot threads? Tut tut. Personally, after waiting what felt an eternity for Moon to return to Paks' world, I'm thrilled all is not going to be wrapped up in just 3 more books.

I won't give spoilers, save to say if the other reviewer can describe Arvid as "weepily religious" (not true...unhappy but now aware the gods are 'on his case' is more accurate, but we've all known that since the first trilogy, so the only change here is now he knows too), I wonder how they would have described Paks at the end of Divided Allegiance? Actually, Echoes has a lot in common with that book- much that is sad, a cliffhanger ending, yet still the sense throughout that good will prevail.

Moon created a complex world and I hope she lets us share in it for a good long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book in the middle of the series, 10 Jun 2012
P. A. Downs (London, England) - See all my reviews
It's an excellent book, but it's very much the middle of the series (currently projected as five books, so this is the mid-point): I found myself having to stop part way, go back, and re-read the first two volumes. Don't just leap in if you read the previous books last year, because there's very little recap and in a couple of places briefly explained but important events have happened to characters in-between the volumes.

Once I'd re-read vols. 1 and 2, I could see just how good vol. 3 is. It has to carry a lot of already existing characters, introduce a couple of new ones and - well, that would be spoilers. It does all this very cleverly - by the end of the volume we've not only progressed, we're in a darker, much more dangerous place.

I'm a bit surprised by the reviewer complaining about Arvid (the thief). Firstly, it's one of the basic premises of the series that in this world there are human saints and good gods, and they all actively aid their champions. Personally, I vastly prefer this to stories where powerful evil gods are coming out of the woodwork, but all the good gods seem to have retired to Dunmanifestin.

Secondly, to me, Arvid was the character I wanted to see much more of, and the character who had by far the most character development. It's true that development is mostly internal - he does get some exciting fight scenes, but not as many as others - but of all those characters 'chosen to fight for Good' he's the most interesting.

Because, unlike the others, he doesn't start as a good guy (and so far is only part-way there). He's a highly skilled and rather smug thief and assassin, born into the Thieves Guild, who begins the series unable to imagine that he might ever be anything else. This volume is where he really starts to become someone who might turn out to be a hero.

It's going to feel like a long wait for volume 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars bungledawz, 28 Feb 2012
Andrew Dawes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Echoes Of Betrayal: Paladin's Legacy: Book Three: 3/3 (Paperback)
excellent read, picked it up, just could`nt put it down from start to finish. left wanting more bring on the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 13 Feb 2014
If you like the 'swords and sorcery' aspect of the fantasy genre then this should be just right for you. A very well-written series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 31 Aug 2013
I have found the different series of book bt Elizabeth Moon. I always look forward to each new book by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars a brilliant sequel, can't wait for the next book., 23 July 2013
Really good characters, strong storyline continues to grip the reader. Attention to detail and weaving of characters gives continuity and freshness all the way through.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the series, 5 May 2013
The book is a great read and easy to get into. You will find it hard to put down. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 18 Jan 2013
Another excellent book in the paladin series. Intelligent fantasy, not join the dots dwarves and elves. I recommend the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 26 Dec 2012
Hunter Schmertzing (Santurce, San Juan Puerto Rico) - See all my reviews
As usual, Elizabeth Moon writes with immaculate style and provides a great read.
I cant wait for the next novel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read - Captivating series, 15 Mar 2012
You have to have read the series to really enjoy these - I can't wait for the next one to come along. Great characters and story development the 'world' is very plausible and enjoyable.

Echoes Of Betrayal: Paladin's Legacy: Book Three: 3/3
Echoes Of Betrayal: Paladin's Legacy: Book Three: 3/3 by Elizabeth Moon (Paperback - 23 Feb 2012)
7.99