4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not her best.
I've been a fan of Kelley Armstrong's books for years but I'm sad to say that this book is not her best. It's a good book and I passed an enjoyable evening curled up on the sofa reading this but it doesn't come up to the extremely high standards which she has set in so many of her previous books.

In 'Living with the Dead' Hope Adams (and her boyfriend Karl...
Published on 8 Nov 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near the usual standard
With the exception of Haunted, I have rated every Kelley Armstrong book 5 stars. It always saddens me when I can't do that, and unfortuanately this is the case with Living with the dead.

LWTD carries on from Hope's story Personal Demon, don't let the dust jacket fool you into thinking this is Robyn's book, she hardly gets any page time. It supposedly attempts...
Published on 1 Dec 2008 by A. Christie

4.0 out of 5 stars Living with the Dead, 20 April 2011
Amazon Customer (Oldham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I enjoyed that the book was written from several points of view, it kept it interesting for me.

This book broke from the norm by having a fully human protagonist, Robyn. There was plenty of action, although I found the reasons for the multiple murders shallow and unconvincing.

The overall action in the book made up for this though, and the ending hinted at something big coming in the Otherworld....

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 24 Mar 2011
i started reading woman of the otherworld when i ran out of vampire acadamy books and got totally hooked, you have everything from vamps to wearwolves and guosts to ppl who see them to angels and all the storys link to one an other, brilliant storys with nail biting parts to tears running down your face funny, love lust and sneaky games,murder mystery to crime solving YOU wont be disappointed :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars A customer, 6 Nov 2010
I love this series; they just get better and better. Gripping plots, well written and good character development.

3.0 out of 5 stars BAD book in a good series, 19 Jun 2010
M. Jones - See all my reviews
This review is from: Living With The Dead: Number 9 in series (Otherworld) (Hardcover)
Well...

Generally im a huge fan of Kelley and her "women of the otherworld" series.
This however.... Was a big pile of poop!

This book continues with Hope ( who i generally dont like as shes a bit of a wet fish! But we deal with it cause Kelley writes well!!) whos friend is in trouble. Big trouble! So with the FIIIIINE Karl Martsen in tow off they go to save the day
HOWEVER!!!!
instead of following her traditional norm of first person writing Kelley goes to third!! Which is confusing(this is the 9th book i think) as the other 8 are in first you can undestand where the confusion come in! She also jumps around between around 4-5 characters making it confusing and i lost my place often. They are also (appart from Hope) all new characters. I think if they had been old characters from past books it would have been ok as you know there back story better but the new charcters arent developed well. I would also find myself rereading chapters to find out where i was and what the new ( and very confusing) characters were doing!!

Generally the story lines ok but with all the changing characters who are all over the place its hard to get into. If you enjoyed the series it is good to read for the fact of it being part of the series (and you never know with Kelley when past characters will pop up) But it isnt an easy read!

BUT!!! Dont worry!! Frostbitten returns to Kelleys old form ;)

4.0 out of 5 stars I seem to disagree, 26 Feb 2010
S. Mullings - See all my reviews
I'm a bit confused, having read & been a fan of KA for a long while I really enjoyed LWTD, I thought the portrayal of Hope was different than Personal Demon & Karl had been toned down to a "little bit more humane".

This book kept me on my toes & I found it difficult to foretell the future events & thoroughly enjoyed the chase, the introduction of Finn I think points to a future roll in KA books & look forward to it.

I personally can't wait for the Next Hope Adams instalment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wearing a bit thin?, 24 Dec 2009
While I normally love Kelley's work, the sheer volume of books she's releasing in a year are clearly having an affect upon the quality of the work. This book is disjointed, with the number of viewpoints/chapters spread too thin, which means you can feel less at home with each character or sympathise/empathise with them. The story is thinner too and seems more a jumping off point for something bigger which could have done with more work. However, for those of you who are fans, our half chaos Demon Hope and Werewolf Karl return and there is the introduction of a policeman/necromancer who may get more than a bit part in future tales. This time out Kelley takles the cultists of the otherworld and shows us another facet of her well imagined flipside to the everyday lives we lead. Anyone who could suspend disbelief to watch Buffy can enjoy Ms Armstrong's work. But be warned this is not a book for those unfamilar with her world. Better to start with one of her earlier works for that. the strongest tales in her pantheon are still those with Elena the werewolf, so look forward to the paperback outing of her next hardback featuring the same and steer clear of this one unless you are a completist.

4.0 out of 5 stars more supernatural fun, 6 Nov 2009
Perhaps not quite as good as some of the previous books in the series but each book gives a different set of characters a chance to expand. A very enjoyable read looking forward to the next one in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent condition, fast delivery very impressed, 18 Oct 2009
Book that brings together the changes in the supernatural world in her books so far. It promises much for the future and how the books will continue to evolve inclusing more characters and dealing with the changing supernatural phonenma.

4.0 out of 5 stars Series still good, 30 Jun 2009
Was a bit worried that this new title in the Series would be getting a little staid - same plot etc like the Anita Blake books...But have managed to keep on with this one. The different characters in Kelley Armstrong's books are just as interesting to read about as the main characters - Elena, Clay, Jeremy - and I like how Kelley gives them their own book, interesting lives, friends, powers.
Look forward to reading the next one in the series. Although not sure which characters are left to talk about now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good addition to the series!, 28 April 2009
S. Tillotson (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
Just as good as the rest of the series - although I did find it hard to keep up with so many new characters being introduced! May just be me having a blonde moment but other than that really good! All the same action, romance and mystery that I love from Kelley Armstrong's books - can't wait for the next one :)

Living With The Dead: Number 9 in series (Otherworld)
Living With The Dead: Number 9 in series (Otherworld) by Kelley Armstrong (Hardcover - 6 Nov 2008)
Used & New from: 0.01