4.0 out of 5 stars My first Hutson read...
Published on 7 Feb 2011 by taylzo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Hutsons best
I bought this book as i have read shaun hutson from the start of his career and this must be the worst he has ever written,the two/three page chapters are too short and on the whole the book is poor not his best by far.
Published on 21 Jan 2008 by David A. Lee

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, 23 Jun 2008
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Hardcover)
Every new Hutson book that comes out seems to get worse.
I used to be a fan of early stuff, and even now religiously buy every new S.H. release in Hardback.
However, this will be the last one.
This book is very lazily written and if you can be bothered takes only a few hours to read.
Very little thought into character development and background (which was never a strong point) almost to the point of being non-existent.
Stick with likes of Jack Ketchum or Edward Lee if you want to decent horror book that is well written.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Hutsons best, 21 Jan 2008
David A. Lee (Sheffield , England) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing great., 12 Aug 2007
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Hardcover)
Typical of Hutson lately, Dying Words was a hit, Unmarked Graves is a miss.

It's a standard Zombie affair, nothing that you haven't read before and so short it's like it has been written over a weekend just to pay the mortgage.

You'll see it coming before it happens, it isn't bad, but is one of his worst efforts.

4.0 out of 5 stars My first Hutson read..., 7 Feb 2011
taylzo "dvd addict / bookworm" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Paperback)
I bought this book in a shop knowing nothing about it or the author, so unlike other reviews I can't compare it to other books by the author. Neither had I ever read a book of this genre. I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, whilst zombies wouldn't be something I am particularly interested in reading about, I enjoyed the violent / African theme, reminding me of films such as The Last King of Scotland.

After reading reviews on this book I want to read some of Shaun Hutsons earlier work, and definitely more in this genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 1 April 2013
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Paperback)
As usual once I picked up this book, as with any Shaun Hutson book, could not put it down. The usual mix of horror and suspense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Jun 2010
Ms. K. Crawford (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Paperback)
If you've read my other reviews you might get the hint - I'm a sucker for a Shaun Hutson book. This one is no exception, real page turner, couldn't put it down. Seller gets 5 stars too

2.0 out of 5 stars Pulp horror., 7 April 2009
Mr. G. Battle (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Paperback)
Nothing new here, however as Hutson readers will know, his novels are pure escapism. Short and full of dialogue, Hutson never shies away from taboo subjects or language. Unmarked Graves offers no originality, no complexity and no waffle. Straight to the point horror. Nothing less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 July 2009
Bm Milton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Paperback)
Great buy delivered fast and just what my Dad wanted been trying to get a reasonable priced copy of this book and thats exactly what I got. Many thanks!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
great stuff

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good read from Shaun Hutson, 13 Sep 2007
A. J. Watson "Book worm" (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Unmarked Graves (Hardcover)
I saved this book to read on holiday as I always look forward to just picking up Hutson's books and not be disturbed so I can finish it as quickly as possible. The only thing I will say is that the story was too short but I couldn't put it down and was waiting in anticipation for the twist at the end. I can't wait until the next installment from Shaun as any true fan will agree that he is the best horror writer around.

If you like this read, then try the other novels in the Hutson collection.

Unmarked Graves
Unmarked Graves by Shaun Hutson (Paperback - 2 Oct 2008)
7.36