5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning
Published on 21 Mar 2003 by madbluemonkey9

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ending
Without giving it away, this series was very good, I liked the story and the "mechanics" of the magic. The character development was pretty good too. The whole thing was very much let down by the very sudden and uninspired end to the story. It's like the author got bored or ran out of time and had to finish it off quickly.
Published on 2 Aug 2012 by Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 21 Mar 2003
This review is from: Wit'ch War: The Banned and the Banished Book Three (Paperback)
Wit'ch war is stunning! I enjoyed the first two books in the series but wasn't entirely convinced. I thought James Clemens was a great author but something was missing. This book filled in that missing gap. I loved it! It would definetly have to be one of my all time favourite books. If you love epic and high fantasy then this is the book for you. It will pick you up and carry you under with the tide of it's power. It is well writen, with a catchy plot and good charecters. I have often said to my friends that all books have a flaw. This is the unflawed book I have been surching for for years. If you don't read it you are missing out on a wonderful piece of fantasy artwork
The first two books in the series carry you away with the epic tale of Elena. She is the first wit'ch in 500 hundred years and has the task of defeating the Gul gothor and saving her world with the help of the blood diary. This book picked up where the last book left of deatailing the finding of the blood diary and Elena's journey to adulhood.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic , Wonderful, Brilliant and Extraordinary., 18 Nov 2001
By A Customer
James Clemens has constructed a world of magic that is fantastic and extraordinary. His cast of beings continues to engage and entrance me. The first book, Wit'ch Fire is truly inspired and now with this third book, I am continuously astounded by his creativeness. I loved every page of this book...His imagery is so brilliant that every scene comes instantly to life, and while everything seems familiar, I soon learn to expect a new surprise with every page. The way his characters bursts upon the tale truly attracts me to this book. He brings along a whole new level of sorcery!
Wit'ch War grabs at your heart and tears a little hole, then tears another, and another-a exhilarating ride that will not let the readers put it down even for a second.
Furthermore Wit'ch War is unlike any other fantasy books that I have read. When I started to read Wit'ch Fire, I read from start to finish never even stopping. I couldn't wait to know what will happened next and truthfully I am not disappointed with both Wit'ch Storm and definitely Wit'ch War.
Readers who have never read James Clemens' books will be automatically caught in his web of creativeness and his brilliantly constructed world of magic and sorcery when they read it for the first time!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Witch Fire, Witch Storm, Witch War, 26 Mar 2003
My fiancee and I have read lots of fantasy books by some very imaginative authors: Stephen Donaldson, Tad Williams, F.Herbert, J.V Jones, R.Feist etc but James Clemens is definitely our current favourite. His books:Witch Fire, Witch Storm and Witch War are truely brilliant.If you want a book where there is never a dull moment and your imagination is constantly being fueled by the richness of another world where creatures from myth, legend and magic pulsate with a tangible beauty and reality, then start this series now! We have read avidly all three, and can't wait for the fourth book to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!, 19 April 2004
Ever since I started reading the Wit'ch saga by James Clemens it has become more brilliant with each book. The information he gives, with the amount of descriptions in so much detail it actually feels like you are there, caught in the adventure of Elena and her friends.
The magic bursts through each and every page making it very hard to put the book down, or stop thinking about the characters as you left them as you put the book down for the night, making you feel guilty you left them in the middle of a war.
Clemens makes it so real.
Wit'ch War is about how Elena is finally changing from a child to a woman who has great strength and to a Wit'ch who is understanding her blood magic. Her feelings start changing towards one character who she is becoming to see is more than a guardian.
The book is also about how even though appearences can be different, we are the same.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ending, 2 Aug 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Top notch fantasy, 22 Jun 2009
MR "Matayp" (STOCKPORT, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I first read this series about 8 years ago and it still gives me goose bumps when I think of it. It is well written and does not spare any drama at all. This series of books actually tie up as a whole story rather than just being one book after the next. This is a must have for your collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling, 4 Jan 2004
This instalment is the thickest so far in the series. I felt the plot picked up quite well, and there were more interesting storylines to follow. I enjoyed the use of magic and once again new interesting characters are included. The idea of a mermaid bonded with a dragon was brilliant, and I liked the relationship between the mermaid and the darkrider who ended up being the black dragon too. The war scenes are a bit long and drawn out but the story ended on an interesting note.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 23 Aug 2009
ANDREA NICHOLLS (West Yorshire) - See all my reviews
This book is very good. You really get drawn into the story i have read up to book four and looking forward to the final one in this set.

Wit'ch War: The Banned and the Banished Book Three
Wit'ch War: The Banned and the Banished Book Three by James Clemens (Paperback - 6 Feb 2003)