5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read.
For a really good read, and a story you can get your teeth into, I would recommend this book but only if you read the first 2 books in the trilogy. (The Heart of Myrial & Spirit of the Stone).
When I finished reading this book, I felt sad cos the story had ended, I had gotten to know the characters so well I really wanted it to continue.

I do know one...
Published on 6 July 2011 by Ms. T. A. Stairmand

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!
I was incredibly disappointed with the third book of the trilogy. I enjoyed the first two so much that I actually bought the third instead of waiting for it to come out at the library. What I found was a book stupidly rushed.
Published on 9 Nov 2003 by wysiwygrach

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read., 6 July 2011
This review is from: The Eye Of Eternity: Book Three of the Shadowleague (Paperback)

I do know one thing, I will be reading other books by this author, as I can relate to her way of writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shadowleague, 13 Aug 2010
Great trilogy by Maggie Furey: action-packed, imaginative, good in-depth characters and full of hope for the human race. I love it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mainly very good - with 1 or 2 bad points, 11 Sep 2007
Despite other critisism for this novel, it does still make a good and satisfying read. It is well written with a range of interesting and enchanting characters which are brought to life through an engaging writing style. The plot is exciting and compelling, helped along by some humour, and the story set in a richly imaginative world with some truly original ideas.

Although the ending IS a little unbelievable, character and plot development are good and make up for this, even though the first two of the trilogy are probably stronger in these areas due to this one's slightly unexpected ending.

Although perhaps a little rushed, and thus lacking in some fluidity of development, the novel still has a complex, compelling storyline which fits together well, as in the first two of the trilogy, and is still one of the better books I have read. If you have not read the first two ('The Heart of Myrial', and 'The Spirit of the Stone') do not be put off reading them as both are very good. If you have already read these, then 'The Eye of Eternity' is definitly well worth reading as a brilliant conclusion to a superb trilogy.

I would also like to recommend the 'Artifacts of Power' quartet, again by Maggie Furey. It is both compelling and exciting, and like this trilogy packed with origional ideas and some amazing characters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 9 Nov 2003
Some of the scenes I had been waiting for were just incredibly rushed for and matters such as Helverien and the entrapment of the mages just brushed over.
The ending was so incomplete that I would expect another trilogy just to finish off the parts. Other bits were incredibly cliche like the author decided to add a few romances in and just randomly picked characters to fall in love. I had hoped for so much more!

1.0 out of 5 stars Unfortunate ending to a promising trilogy, 14 Jan 2004
I bought the third book to the Shadowleague trilogy with great hope. The first two books had the complex and far-reaching character driven plots (even if somewhat predominantly female character driven) I had come to expect of Maggie Furey, and I was excited to see how everything would end. Unfortunately it was a simple disappointment. The story dragged on and on with plots being wrapped up with very little justification. Random romances kept popping up, with various characters meeting and getting married within chapters of each other. And then the blithe science fiction references to weapons and computer-like devices just finished me. By the time I reached the last few chapters I didn’t care anymore what happened and just wanted to finish the book and try and forget about the time I had wasted reading it. A poor end to what started out as a very promising trilogy.

ARRAY(0xb0835dec)

The Eye Of Eternity: Book Three of the Shadowleague
The Eye Of Eternity: Book Three of the Shadowleague by Maggie Furey (Paperback - 3 July 2003)
7.99
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available