4.0 out of 5 stars Stories as they should be...
Published on 11 Feb 2006 by Mac

1.0 out of 5 stars very poorly translated to Slovakian
In English this would be a lovely book with beautiful illustrations. However the Slovakian translation is poor - as if it was translated by a robot rather than a human being. I do wonder if the person who translated it is a Slovakian native speaker at all? The language is very unnatural - I actually ended up returning this book.
Published 17 days ago by manci

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Stories as they should be..., 11 Feb 2006
Very rarely do you come across a piece of children’s literature which is as exquisite as this. This simple yet highly imaginative tale relates the story of a little boy who takes his evening stroll hand-in-hand with the moon. Not only are the full-page illustrations delightful but they are accompanied by a few lines per page - just the right amount of text for little ones! More importantly, the story itself is composed of some of the most lyrical children’s poetry that I have come across. When combined, the pictures and verse create a gentle, whimsical tale that is perfect as the last story before lights out. My one year old adores it for the visuals and the rhythm whilst the older children love it for the beautiful imagery and delightful fantasy. This is children’s literature at its very best.
Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous...

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderul Bed Time Story, 17 Feb 2010
Amazon Customer (An American in England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Took the Moon for a Walk (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book. I have many from the same line and my 20 month old son just loves them. This is the one he picks out on his own to read over and over. It's what I think a bed time story should be. We both love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful poem, beautiful book, 17 Jun 2009
Lesley Harding (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Took the Moon for a Walk (Paperback)
I first got this book from the library and my 17month old daughter loved it so much I have now bought it. It is a beautiful poem about a little boy walking through the night with the moon. The illustrations are wonderful, with lots of detail for toddlers to point out. It has really helped with my daughter's vocabulary.

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 5 Jan 2010
This review is from: I Took the Moon for a Walk (Paperback)
lovely book with great pictures. my daughter loves this book and i enjoy reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful , imaginative book, 31 Aug 2007
This review is from: I Took the Moon for a Walk (Paperback)
I wasn't immediately taken by this book in the library, but 20 month year old insisted, so home it came. Now I'm on-line to buy one of our own as the library book has gone back but she's still asking for the 'moon book', and I'm kind of missing it too, even though we read it 3 times a day for 3 weeks!
It really is lovely- an original, imaginative story, well written with superb art work. A great idea for a story- and it's even got moon/ night time facts and suggestions for making your own similar story for older kids at the back.

1.0 out of 5 stars very poorly translated to Slovakian, 3 Dec 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Charmingly engaging, 17 April 2014
Reading to my boisterous moon-obsessed toddler is no easy feat. He is constantly on the go, hardly stopping for most books unless they feature his favourite things. So I bought this book with the moon taking centre stage. This is one of the books he will sit still for, aided by the flowing rhythm of the poem. Although he can't speak many words yet, he has started to follow this soft rhythm by singing along as I read. At last, some progress!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 3 Feb 2014
J. Wickens (UK) - See all my reviews
Wonderful artwork and a nice bedtime story. Highly recommended purchase. Great for younger kids and both ours love the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved again by grandson., 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: I Took the Moon for a Walk (Paperback)
arrived in good condition and promptly. thank you.My grandchildren love books and this has been added to their collection. thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful story, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: I Took the Moon for a Walk (Paperback)
We've read this over and over; it's so beautiful. Illustrations are gorgeous; the story flows along like a song. Highly recommend.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

I Took the Moon for a Walk
I Took the Moon for a Walk by Carolyn Curtis (Paperback - 24 Jan 2005)