on 18 November 2001
I bought the paperback version about 2 years ago and I'm now sending it to nieces and nephews as a gift. It's a short book in which a boy follows the bear on various modes of transportation on small adventures to different places. My sons were 3 and 1 1/2 when I first read it to them and they loved the fanciful rhyming and the simple but colourful illustrations. Both of them quickly memorized most of the book and took turns "reading" it to me and my husband. Little ones will get LOTS of enjoyment out of this book.
on 21 January 2013
I think this is a great book, my french isn't great, I've not spoken it since school so it's nice to learn it again with my little boy. The only problem is my pronounciation, I'm not sure if I am saying the words correctly and there is nowhere that I can find online with a native french person reading the story.
But that aside my little boy loves turning the pages and seeing what bear is doing in the next room!
Would definitely recommend :)
on 24 June 2008
I took this book out of the library for my 22 month old daughter, it's now due back...and I'm hoping for fast delivery from Amazon as she loves it so much. It's bright and colourful, and follows a bear on different modes of transport to different places. I think my daughter likes books which have some repetition in the wording and this uses the same phrase when saying what transport the bear is using (bear on a bike as happy as can be, where are you going bear, please wait for me..hee hee I've got it memorised I've read it so many times), and the great thing is I love this book too so am happy to read it again and again and again :)
on 17 February 2003
I saw this being read during the Tweenies program, and noticed my daughter liking it very much. I then bought it and haven't regretted it for a single moment! The text & rhymes are lovely, but the pictures are absolutely outstanding. There's so many things to point at, and even after months I keep finding new ones! I am now buying the other books in this bear series; hopefully they'll be as good!
on 3 February 2004
This is my son's favourite book.Given half a chance he would have it read several times a night! He adores the pictures. There are so many details to look at he is always finding new things to point out. All of his first words are things in this book. I have bought one of the others in the series in the hope that we might get some variety at bed time!
on 10 June 2012
We originally got this from the library, but my son (and I) loved it so much I had to buy it! There aren't too many words for a young child with limited concentration, and the pictures and colours are just gorgeous! You could spend ages on each page talking about everything. We have bought more from this series for my son's first birthday.
on 4 February 2008
This is my 9 month old boy's favourite book, he loves it and I really enjoy reading it with him. Each page shows Bear doing something different in his house: eating, bathing, going to bed, reading a book, climbing the stairs, so it shows familiar situations and has lovely drawings.
on 23 December 2007
My daughter (2 years 9 months) absolutely adores this book. She loves anything to do with bears in general, but not all bear books get the kind of preferential treatment this one does. She is at the age when she is starting to learn about wider world around her and this is a book to do just that. The bear in the book uses different types of transport to visit different places (e.g. a market, an island, seaside, a palace)and sees lots of new and exciting things particular to that place. This book along with Pippa Goodhart's "You Choose" is great for educating your child about the world around them. These are the books that get them talking about various experiences and refer to in day-to-day and new situations.
Not too short, not too long and very easy for children to recite. Great book!
on 28 April 2016
I ordered this for my three year old son, who has very quickly memorised the entire book. He absolutely loves the vibrant illustrations which fill the pages and the easy rhyming story is very effective and is easy to memorise.

The book itself isn't very long, and each double page has a four line poem on it. There are plenty of bright coloured illustrations on every page filling the pages completely to keep the child busy with pointing out various items or actions.

Makes for a fantastic reading time and even if kids flick through on their own they can read it from memory due to ease of the rhyming story.
on 1 October 2012
I love this book - my little girl loves it. The adventures of the bear and the little girl/boy who gets taken along just kick start the imagination & the rhymes are delightlyful