4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for practicing french...
Published on 29 Dec. 2005 by mel-a

3.0 out of 5 stars Not used yet
I haven't used these yet but I will , I bought this to supplement the gcse revision book which is brilliant
Published 11 months ago by Brian Haigh

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for practicing french..., 29 Dec. 2005
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
Not being particularly strong in French, I searched around for some practice books, and recognising the publisher, I brought this one. I wasn't disapointed. The jokes, as in every other book in their series, are not very amusing, but everything was sorted acording to catorgory, and was layed out very simply. I was pleased to find there was practice in other parts of the language, not just verbs, which seem to feature most often in these kind of books. The only thing I would say is that I would recommend buying this with the 'GCSE French: Revision Guide Pt. 1&2' as this book only has questions and answers, and problems can be left unsolved, although with the other some of these can be explained and revised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very information and does the job, 23 April 2012
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
Very comprehensive, well written, descriptive and very good layout. A good revision tool for GCSEs. Does indeed do the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revising an old interest, 24 Mar. 2012
Doris G. (Maidstone, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
I purchased these two items in order to revise a half-forgotten skill but I think they would be equally helpful to a complete beginner. Delivery was amazingly fast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ashley Smith, 14 Aug. 2011
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
Great book, easy to work through and very thorough for both topics and grammar.

Great buy for anybody studying GCSE French

5.0 out of 5 stars home study, 26 May 2014
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
This workbook was bought for private use at home to back up what is learnt in school.
Excellent book - clear instructions and guidance for completing the various exercises.
Would suggest all students of a language use this type of resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product as described, 8 May 2013
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
I was worried buying this book second hand as I did not want any scribbles on the pages so this product met my expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Workbook, 22 Aug. 2013
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
My daughter wanted a workbook to help her revise for her GCSEs. This one is well laid out and very easy to use

4.0 out of 5 stars Great help, 21 May 2013
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
i would reccomend this particular book to teenagers about to embark on the gcse french course in the next year

3.0 out of 5 stars Not used yet, 1 May 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars eeek have standards dropped this low??, 4 Dec. 2013
rhosymynydd "liz" (west wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: GCSE French Workbook - Higher (Paperback)
I am sure this book might be OK for students follwing the current GCSE courses. Unfortunately in my ignorance I purchased it to challenge my French in preparation for a potential move across the channel...I could have completed this standing on my head in Lower II French (aged 8).. I was more than shocked at the level required for GCSE HIGHER note HIGHER.....all multiple guess and the first page was numbers - how many of us "oldies" cannot count in French???? Even my husband (and I mean no criticism here as he has never studied formal French) was able to complete most of this book without my assistance. I was just so surprised at this level. In The Day (1960s) we had to do several translations from English-French and French-English each of about 1000 words at 0 level besides a free French composition on an unknown (beforehand) topic and a French conversation oral examination. For A level we had to study French literature and write critiques in French - I am talking Andre Gide and Moliere here....not Collette! (sorry can't find the accent keys on this keyboard). The translations we had to complete in the two 3 hr examinations were very difficult but we managed and the oral for that was conducted by a French National, did not hesitate to thrown in Argot and Breton phrases, yet no one complained: "it was hard", we just took it as necessary. The same for my Spanish O and A levels *(which included some Catalun and Majorcan phrases and the books we had to read included the orginal Don Quijote! This was no exception as my fellow students did in their German and Russian A levels. We all had studied basic Latin, which I think helped tremendously and many of my friends included ancient Greek. All of us had spent time in-country with local families when we were in our early teens. I am sure that this grounding helped establish a knowledge of the languages which helped me personally in my career and I have never lost the ability to read and speak in the languages I studied at school and those I acquired, by immersion, later. If this is an example of modern day examination material I am seriously disillusioned and wonder how any child with this basic knowledge would survive living in any other country with this level of language level. I am sure the book is fit for purpose, I just question the level of knowledge needed for this GCSE. I seriously believed I can learn and revise more but not this way! I have since purchased a book from amazon.fr which covers the grammar level for baccalaureat in France for nationals. This HAS helped in reviewing my own levels.http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_20?__mk_fr_FR=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=grammaire%20francaise%20hachette&sprefix=grammaire+francaise+%2Caps%2C256

GCSE French Workbook - Higher
GCSE French Workbook - Higher by CGP Books (Paperback - 22 Feb. 2012)