Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 January 2006
I don't know what to say, apart from that this book is superb. I was very skeptical when it first arrived through my postbox, but soon after the first section, I knew that this book was for me.
This time last year I was a wreck, I knew my Biology but something still wasnt right, I decided to buckle down and read. I think choosing to buy this book is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Inside the books are exam like questions and correspondign answers, at the end of the book, there is a full exam mock testing you on all you have learnt.
This guide got me from a grade B/C to an A. Even though I did not achieve a gradeA*, I can still say that these books are worth it because using these books for Chemistry, Maths and physics meant that I went from:
B in Physics to an A*
C in Maths to an A*
C in Chemistry to another A*.
I am very grateful as I feel that this book truly understood how to get the things I needed to learn across to me, diagrams, instructions, repetition it's all in here.
Thanks CGP!!
on 1 October 2007
Those CGP books are amaaaaazing!!

I used them for my GCSE exams and they really and I mean REALLY helped me!!
They are more detailed but in a way that the information is not complicated..I just love them!!

and as a result I got 3 As..in chemistry Bio and Physics :D

Those books should not be ur only resource ...u should study from ur original book and after every chapter refer to this book and answer some questions..TRUST ME U SHOULD GET THEM ..OR ELSE U'LL BE MISSING ALOT OF THINGS!!
on 16 December 2007
i brought this book for my mocks in jan and i am doing triple award. i brough the chem and phy ones as well and they are great, they include all the stuff that is in the aqa textbook (as these books are designed for triple award aqa). the diagrams, colour and naff jokes all really help! i dont know where i'd be without it!
on 8 June 2010
My daughter has yet to start her GCSE Biology course and yet already this book has been a truly wonderful help.

Teachers at her school normally stretch the students so that the majority of their homework is done by deductions and thinking for themselves.

However, when you're not that gifted at the sciences, you generally have to rely on the Internet for help.

Due to the fickle nature of the Internet, my daughter has on occasions abandoned on common sense on some very strange answers that her Biology teacher has not be altogether pleased with.

However this book manages to communicate some of the more difficult topics, makes them interesting and has plenty of questions that truly test her grasp of the subject.

I consider this book the main force behind her 63% Biology exam score from last year to 89% this year!

If you have a child who does struggle with science or who is just starting their GCSE course, I can't recommend this enough!
VINE VOICEon 21 July 2010
I had to learn GCSE level Biology pretty sharpish (2 years' worth in about two months!), so I picked up one of these revision guides. I had not seen CGP before as the last time I'd had to use a revision book was around 25 years ago!! I was quite surprised as it seemed very basic, a bit cheeky and quite laid back in approach - not like the stern and dour revision books I'd used in my time. However, as I went through the book, I found the style was very conducive to learning, easy to digest and clear in detail and layout.

There are exam questions at the end of each section and whole revision summaries at the end of each chapter, plus answers at the back of the book. It must have worked because I got 86% in my exam! I am even considering buying other subject editions as I think they would be useful to keep on the bookshelf for general reference. I also used the revision guide GCSE Biology Revision Guide in conjunction with this - an abridged version but easier to carry in the handbag - and the workbook GCSE Biology Workbook (Including Answers)which was brilliant. In case you are wondering, I am starting primary teacher training in September and I never passed my O'Level Science, hence the mad Biology revision to get the qualification now.

I would have given the book 5 stars but it fell apart within a couple of uses. Bad binding, cheap glue or just cheaply produced. A shame really as it seems it's not made to keep or for heavy use!
on 25 September 2009
Fantastic resource for students - clear concise explanations for Biology beginners. GCSE Biology Complete Revision and Practice (Complete Revision & Practice)
on 21 November 2013
Daughter finding this extremely helpful and were understanding in class wasn't great, they way these books explain, made it clear, a great purchase and we bought a few, so it wasn't cheap, but a good investment!
on 7 January 2011
Looks promising. I have only just looked through it briefly with my son. Seems current and helpful. We only used it for a unit exam. Will be able to say more when we use this for his actual GCSE revision.
on 31 August 2015
Present for my 14 year old grandson who likes to read and study for his GCSEs .i ask him what he thought of it for the review . He replied good and 4 stars.
on 20 May 2013
Bought for my daughter to help her with her revision. She had a number of supply teachers with little or no work set for her to follow. Was feeling totally un prepared for her mocks.

Bouught the study guide and after a week of revision she felt much happier. It helped her build on the knowledge she already had and answer questions on areas she had not yet covered.

Would recommend to anyone with teens!