5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my ass
Published on 18 Mar 2008 by Morena

3.0 out of 5 stars core science
I ordered these books but I don't know if they cover core science?, if anyone knows if it covers that can you let me know!
Published 7 months ago by Lauren

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved my ass, 18 Mar 2008
Morena - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: GCSE Biology Revision Guide (with online edition) (Paperback)
I snoozed through year 10 and 11 Biology classes, learning very little. When it came to revising for my GCSEs, I used this book and got an A, and went on to get an A at Biology A-Level, which I would never have chosen if it weren't for this humble revision guide. It's written in a humourous, silly 'dad' style, but packs in an alarming amount of information and is very strict with its readers, using the good old "Now cover everything up and copy it out from memory" way of learning - which is the only thing that works, and isn't too hard taken in bitesize chunks (which reminds me, whatever happened to BBC Bitesize revision? Is that still going? Yawn!). I can't recommend CGP revision guides enough.

I understand there's a new edition out now which incorporates exam style questions, which I'm sure is great, but I still think you could do well with the original revision guide and just use past papers to practise exam questions with.

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must-have' for anyone doing Biology GCSE, 1 Jun 2011
William Percival (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This CGP revision guide concisely covers everything that you need to know for Biology GCSE. All the concepts are explained in an accessible way that will definitely help you in any areas that you are having difficulty in. The book is well laid out with all of the topics subdivided into manageable chunks which helps when revising. Each page contains lots of colour to keep you interested. Also, certain words are in bold font which is an effective way of emphasising the key points. My only criticism would be the jokes which simply aren't funny. However, if you can overlook these then this is an excellent revision guide which contains a remarkable amount of information.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 Mar 2014
My son has been reading this and have been testing him. Easy to understand and take in. Hope he gets the grades.

5.0 out of 5 stars Triple award??, 21 Jan 2014
I was wondering whether it covers the triple award gcse for biology?? Please answer quickly because exam is in a couple of months and I need to get revising.

3.0 out of 5 stars core science, 4 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars GCSE Bilology Revision Guide, 29 Oct 2013
Purchased to help my son with his GCSE revision. For the small cost these are very good to help them achieve their grades when they only get one go at the exams now.

5.0 out of 5 stars sound ontime no probs, 9 Sep 2013
thinking of doing an open uni course so this year i,m practicing my aunty is a teacher so she can grade my gcse,s so I know which for to put in for hoping to do a-levels one year

5.0 out of 5 stars Gcse biology, 20 Jun 2013
Good for creating crib sheets, good value for money. Has prompted me to buy the whole range of subjects for my sons gcses

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for students, 23 May 2013
C. E. Francis - See all my reviews
Great for GCSE students as it is easy to understand with good diagrams. Covers all the GCSE biology exam subjects.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revision guide, 27 April 2013
Excellent revision guide bought for my children. Was nice to be able to look inside before buying to check it was the one required

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

GCSE Biology Revision Guide (with online edition)
GCSE Biology Revision Guide (with online edition) by CGP Books (Paperback - 5 Jan 2007)
4.70