‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily digestible, 3 April 2013
Mr. J. B. Cooper (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GCSE Maths Edexcel Revision Guide (with Online Edition) - Foundation (Paperback)
I bought 2 revision guides for my daughter who is hopeless at maths this one and CGP, GCSE Mathematics Foundation Level, Complete Revision and Practice. She is currently on an E, target grade D and I am hoping against hope to get her up to a C. Both guides are excellent and have a similar approach starting at the very beginning of primary school stuff, putting numbers in order of size and expressing numbers in words, then moving on to cover everything else. My daughter and I chose to work through this guide simply because it is thinner (110 compared to 219 pages) and having fewer pages to conquer suited both of us.

Both books are very similar and cover the subject in a very simple, easy to understand way (or so it appears to me at least) with examples. The main difference between the two seems to be the number and layout of test questions. Both books share many identical questions but the other book has in addition questions laid out as an exam paper, with worked examples in that format. If we ever get through this thin book we will probably use the exam format questions in the other book as further revision, but for now I prefer the way this thinner book has test questions at the bottom of each page whereas the other book has the questions only after several pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 19 Feb 2013
Great revision guide !
Easy to understand , written clearly , explains method very well . Definatley helped me go from a grade E to grade C !

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Amazing, 6 April 2014
I am currently doing my maths resits, This book enables me to understand the things I am unable to. I would totally recommend it for people who can't get their heads around mathematics!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 2 Mar 2014
This book is useful when teaching Maths especially with students who need the subject simplified. I use it within my teaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised., 20 Jan 2014
Bought as a revision guide and that is what I received, please with the book and would recommend to students doing their GCSEs.

4.0 out of 5 stars Unwanted gift, 23 Dec 2013
Brought for my grandson for exam revision, he wasn't that pleased but it will help him!(at least I hope so)

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful guide, 13 Dec 2013
Online content is a bonus that definitely worth having. Book is easy to use and understand and should help students

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 15 Nov 2013
Really well planned out with clear examples. My daughter is very happy and uses it when ever she has maths lessons as a back up. Here's hoping for that C grade

4.0 out of 5 stars Matches great with the workbook., 12 Nov 2013
I brought this alongside the workbook, and it matches perfectly with what the workbook is wanting. Much more helpful than high school.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 20 Jun 2013
I brought this for my son as he got the science one given to him at school, great price and well written, fast delivery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›